Sign in to follow this  
177B

Problem with FBW A320 AP after update 7

LarsA You did it shutting off the flight controls fixed the AP. just left KDFW from C & D with A320 mod dev release and AP worked perfectly.

System Intel core I9-10900.Asus prime Z490P motherboard, Corsair 32gb ddr4 dram, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD and 1 TB Seagate Barracuda HD. Zotac GE force RTX 2080 Super  750 Watt power supply, Windows 10 Pro, Honeycomb yoke and Bravo,Thrustmaster pedals

4 hours ago, LarsA said:

TEMPORARY SOLUTION:

Switch off FLT CTL: Elac1, Sec1and Fac1 on the left upper side of the overhead panel. 

Strange AP-behavior and banking right and left stops immediately. 

It works, at least, with the latest developer version for the FBW320.

Auto trim doesn't work when you turn those off. But yeah it's a work around.

3 minutes ago, Mark_A said:

Auto trim doesn't work when you turn those off. But yeah it's a work around.

Wow, auto trim is probably more critical than the AP in the A320. So I don't rate this as a solution.

Breaking news: Asobo A320 grounded until further notice by the virtual FAA. Virtual airlines commencing virtual law suits against Asobo for lost virtual revenue.

• Like 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

11 hours ago, LarsA said:

TEMPORARY SOLUTION:

Switch off FLT CTL: Elac1, Sec1and Fac1 on the left upper side of the overhead panel. 

Strange AP-behavior and banking right and left stops immediately. 

It works, at least, with the latest developer version for the FBW320.

This works for stable and developer versions of a320nx. solves the rocking back and forth at level cruise as well as plane not following flightplan on auto pilot. Im not seeing any trim issues with these switches turned off.

System Intel core I9-10900.Asus prime Z490P motherboard, Corsair 32gb ddr4 dram, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD and 1 TB Seagate Barracuda HD. Zotac GE force RTX 2080 Super  750 Watt power supply, Windows 10 Pro, Honeycomb yoke and Bravo,Thrustmaster pedals

But anyway and with all that fixes and Workaround, at APP the Plane is not holding the LOC and thats worse to me.

But that seems to fix at Asobos side, hopefully with a Hotfix but i don't think so..

cheers 😉

Edited by pmplayer
typo

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Interesting.

By turning off the Elac1, Sec1and Fac1 on the left upper side of the overhead panel, before T/O starting on the runway engines running, flying KPWM to KBOS, one of my frequent test routes, the FD and the AP flew very nicely, following the magenta line with a slight offset to the right, less than 1 mile.

I turned the Elac1, Sec1and Fac1 on again once AP was following the FP and it kept flying fine.

I am on the 2020-11-26T02:30:05+00:00 Dev build from last night, the same one that was not working at all for me yesterday.

On the ILS there was a slight offset to the right as well, but only by one "dot". I hand flew the last 2500' using the LS display, the FD was off to the right but the diamonds were right on.

This is nice but a bit strange. I will do another test flight a bit later. The sim is running great and I like the WX meter and ATIS you can get o the MCDU, this and current WX is working fine this morning here in New England at least.

Sim on and be safe. I will post more results later.

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager