Sign in to follow this  
Swe_Richard

Just Flight 146 Professional?

Gee, I wish I could install mine/. I get a panel and overhead suspended in mid air . The external view shows the 146 Po in a skeletal form with vast areas of airframe missing. I have asked JF but they are a "bit busy" . Anyone here got any advice?. BTW I have uninstalled, reinstalled, downloaded and redownloaded ad nauseum. Rob made a suggestion earlier (thank you0 but I don't believe that is the problem. The aircraft appear in the p3d Sim objects Airplanes folder. Frankly I am getting a bit cheesed off. The installation instructions and prompts that are supposed to appear after opening the downloaded item but do not appear as stated by JF. It seems too often many developers etc. assume that everyone out there fully understands their tech talk and that there is no need to acomodate the word not allowed and unwashed masses.😕An all encompassing installer would be really handy.

Anyway , help from any quarter would be appreciated.

Cheers, Danw

6 hours ago, kaha said:

Mainboard or GPU?

Karl

Main board.

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

5 hours ago, Peter Z KCLE_EDDN said:

Is justflight always this responsive to user suggestions and reported bugs, their forum responses look very encouraging. Anyone care to share how the latest version (1.3 believe) performs, my trigger finger is getting itchy 😎

Cheers,

Pete

They are doing really good with the 146 so far Pete. The've personally answered and fixed 2 of my support tickets promptly. So far I am very happy with v1.3 and it works great in V.R. There are a few bugs still but I am confident they will maintain this software

3 hours ago, danielwilliam said:

Gee, I wish I could install mine/. I get a panel and overhead suspended in mid air . The external view shows the 146 Po in a skeletal form with vast areas of airframe missing. I have asked JF but they are a "bit busy" . Anyone here got any advice?. BTW I have uninstalled, reinstalled, downloaded and redownloaded ad nauseum. Rob made a suggestion earlier (thank you0 but I don't believe that is the problem. The aircraft appear in the p3d Sim objects Airplanes folder. Frankly I am getting a bit cheesed off. The installation instructions and prompts that are supposed to appear after opening the downloaded item but do not appear as stated by JF. It seems too often many developers etc. assume that everyone out there fully understands their tech talk and that there is no need to acomodate the word not allowed and unwashed masses.😕An all encompassing installer would be really handy.

Anyway , help from any quarter would be appreciated.

Cheers, Danw

Did you delete your original install and install v1.3 yet? Before 1.3 I was having the same problem but I did find a work around. I started off with the 146 and I would get the skeleton frame, I would then set the plane to cold and dark via their dropdown menu(in addons) I would then load the default Lockheed plane or the Lockheed Hercules , then I would reload the 146 and it would work for me. I know its a pain but it's not too bad. Just so you know it has been working fine for me since I installed v1.3. Hope this helps.

Daytona 125, Thanks for your response..I'm off to try that out. I have deleted every piece of pro146 so a clean sheet is assured.. May Iask wher and how did you place the various files once the download was opened,..Many Thanks, Danw

41 minutes ago, Daytona125 said:

Did you delete your original install and install v1.3 yet? Before 1.3 I was having the same problem but I did find a work around. I started off with the 146 and I would get the skeleton frame, I would then set the plane to cold and dark via their dropdown menu(in addons) I would then load the default Lockheed plane or the Lockheed Hercules , then I would reload the 146 and it would work for me. I know its a pain but it's not too bad. Just so you know it has been working fine for me since I installed v1.3. Hope this helps.

I can't seem to get the cold and dark bit to show up.?

48 minutes ago, danielwilliam said:

I can't seem to get the cold and dark bit to show up.?

Very top on the right, look for add-ons, justflight, cold and dark option. Not in front of my computer so I’m winging it. I doubt it even matters if you do set it to cold and dark that’s just the way I start my sessions. For trying out purposes just skip the cold option and it will default you in a running plane.

1 hour ago, danielwilliam said:

Daytona 125, Thanks for your response..I'm off to try that out. I have deleted every piece of pro146 so a clean sheet is assured.. May Iask wher and how did you place the various files once the download was opened,..Many Thanks, Danw

I installed it in my main sim objects folder because the justflightinstaller wanted to install it to my documents folder on my c drive and my P3D is installed on a different ssd. So, I let the installer go past the part where it finds your P3D folder then 2 steps further(I think) it will give you the option to install it in your P3D main folder or to you documents folder. It defaults to your documents folder so you’ll just tick the other option(main P3D) folder. Let it go from there. Make sure it’s v 1.3, it just came out today.

30 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I recommend you go thru their official support ticket process ... they got back to me quickly when I had the same issue.

Cheers, Rob.

Just trying to help.

Hi Rob, Yep ticket submitted yesterday.. got an acknowledgement and a suggestion to uninstall and reinstall....Mmm.

.Daytona, I've tried your suggestions to no avail.. I see where you're coming from..it seems that certain textures are not loading...I'll keep trying..

I've been flight simming since FS 98 on and off and never have had such a stuff around... I'm probably missing something obvious.

Keep those suggestions coming. Cheers, Dan w

Rob, You're a man that won't give up.! Gotta do some non flight stuff now but I will investigate your suggestion. Cheers, Danw

I own several Just Flight aircraft and have to say that they are very friendly and competent in doing support.

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

Rob, did you already try Nvidia driver 457.51?

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

Patch 1.4 (or is it 1.04...) was released yesterday.

Sadly, the AP is still causing havoc for me. Speed on pitch mode is not working, always resulting in exceeding VNe.

Also unable to intercept the LLZ, correct FMA is annunciated and the HSI is picking up the radio beam but AP does not turn as the needle starts to centre on HSI.

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

14 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

Sadly, the AP is still causing havoc for me. Speed on pitch mode is not working, always resulting in exceeding VNe.

Also unable to intercept the LLZ, correct FMA is annunciated and the HSI is picking up the radio beam but AP does not turn as the needle starts to centre on HSI.

I can only partially confirm that. IAS Mode works most of the time. During the initial climb though it seems it limits the VS to 3000fpm. If that is reached, it puts any excess power into speed. So I use VS below 10000ft, and IAS above 10000ft, that way it turns out smoothly.

But the LOC intercept is horrible indeed, exactly as you desribe.

However, they are very responsive regarding fixes, so I'm optimistic this will be sorted out at some point. I really love this aircraft

Edited by mikealpha

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080