Sign in to follow this  
Swe_Richard

Just Flight 146 Professional?

When I was doing the 747 testing for PMDG one of our pet hates was when someone on a forum would disregard what we who actually flew the aircraft were saying about how the aircraft was behaving and say no you're wrong I've seen it on youtube ! 

Now, I really don't want to now be that person, however... I've seen it on youtube and it doesn't look right to me 😄

I've just spoken to a colleague who used to fly the 146 with air UK , he says it was nose down on approach and the clam shells just gave drag and didn't change the attitude. He said the only place they really used the clam shells on approach was going into London City.

I have to say I absolutely love this Just flight 146 though, the modelling of the electro mechanical instruments is just superb, probably the best I've seen, so I can overlook nose high attitude, but it would be nice if it could be tweaked.  

I'm expecting the XP version which I'll probably also buy to have a better representation of the approach deck angle once it's gone through the plane maker blade element magic.

• Upvote 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

On 2/12/2021 at 2:27 PM, jon b said:

When I was doing the 747 testing for PMDG one of our pet hates was when someone on a forum would disregard what we who actually flew the aircraft were saying about how the aircraft was behaving and say no you're wrong I've seen it on youtube ! 

I read this part and thought I was in for a b*ll**king😂

Cheers

Paul Golding

Haa ! No I wouldn’t dare ! I was criticising myself no one else.

I’d been looking at YouTube clips like yourself but wasn’t going to comment  about the attitude until I’d heard back from a mate of mine who’d actually flown it , and in the mean time you’d posted .

I know from previous experience that I mentioned it’s sometimes tricky to judge these sort of things offYouTube clips.

JF say they’ve had input from 146 pilots so I can’t argue with that.

But yet again I have to say I’m really enjoying the 146 , especially in VR, it’s a fantastic add on and I’ll be buying the X-PLANE version on day one of release.

It’s one of those rare add ons that just feels real

I’m looking forward to this months PCPILOT magazine arriving through the letterbox as they’ve done a review..95% apparently, well deserved in my opinion.

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Is there a "step by step" tutorial included in the 146 package, Jon?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

7 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Is there a "step by step" tutorial included in the 146 package, Jon?

I believe there is a tutorial included in the documentation. But it was written for the RTM version. Some things have changed since and I am uncertain if the documentation is updated to reflect that

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

Yes there’s a tutorial flight from East Midlands up to Edinburgh, also fairly comprehensive systems descriptions and a separate FMC manual, of which, I’ve yet to read any of it 😆

PS my pcpilot has just arrived so I’ll see what they say about it.

787 captain.