Sign in to follow this  
RJC68

TBM ILS Issues

Since Tuesday’s update I am having issues capturing the localizer & glide slope in the TBM. It just seems to ignore them

I’ve tried with and without the current mods for the TBM. Anyone know a work around or know what changed ?

• Like 1

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

Yep, Longitude is the same thing, not sure why, they broke something with the update I'm guessing..

• Like 2

UPS123.png

I noticed the same in the Longitude after the last patch. The LOC/GS guidance is there, but the Autopilot completely ignored it. Appr button pressed. 

TBM fail to capture ILS for me as well.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Oh boy,

2 steps forward and 10 backwards 

• Like 2

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

Yep AP is messed up since last update. 

I could capture ILS in the PA44 Seminole, but it's too slow to turn so it overshoots the localizer. 

I think Asobo gets a bit harsh treatment on these forums, but the ILS is such an integral part of the AP system, it seems very strange to me that they didn't check this when adjusting the autopilot.

Edited by Republic3D

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

24 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

Yep AP is messed up since last update. 

I could capture ILS in the PA44 Seminole, but it's too slow to turn so it overshoots the localizer. 

I think Asobo gets a bit harsh treatment on these forums, but the ILS is such an integral part of the AP system, it seems very strange to me that they didn't check this when adjusting the autopilot.

The ILS failure is a direct consequence of slowing down the heading function in the last update. Because the heading capture now slows down to a crawl for the last 30 degrees, this also has a direct impact on ILS LOC capture, as the LOC function uses the heading and roll modes to calibrate its own ILS function. 30 degrees is the most important area where the ILS autopilot is most active. So with the last update, if you are not already dead straight on an approach, but to one side, the LOC function will not capture the ILS because the same heading slowdown will make the Localiser adjustment also slow to a crawl.

Ironically you might have better luck capturing an ILS from outside a 30 degree angle as only 30 degrees and greater triggers the needed bank. If you are capturing from say 10-20 degrees offset, the a/p will not turn quickly enough.

Asobo failed to realise that neutering the heading mode also neuters the localiser mode. This is a classic case of tweaking something without thinking or testing the consequences. I am flabbergasted that Asobo has not issued an immediate apology and also immediately reversed this with an instant patch.

Edited by robert young
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

On 11/28/2020 at 11:02 PM, robert young said:

The ILS failure is a direct consequence of slowing down the heading function in the last update. Because the heading capture now slows down to a crawl for the last 30 degrees, this also has a direct impact on ILS LOC capture, as the LOC function uses the heading and roll modes to calibrate its own ILS function. 30 degrees is the most important area where the ILS autopilot is most active. So with the last update, if you are not already dead straight on an approach, but to one side, the LOC function will not capture the ILS because the same heading slowdown will make the Localiser adjustment also slow to a crawl.

Ironically you might have better luck capturing an ILS from outside a 30 degree angle as only 30 degrees and greater triggers the needed bank. If you are capturing from say 10-20 degrees offset, the a/p will not turn quickly enough.

Asobo failed to realise that neutering the heading mode also neuters the localiser mode. This is a classic case of tweaking something without thinking or testing the consequences. I am flabbergasted that Asobo has not issued an immediate apology and also immediately reversed this with an instant patch.

Thank you for the detailed explanation,

It is such a shame ASOBO do not fully test the updates before releasing them, it really is ruining their credibility. It would be nice if you could get a choice to perform the update or ignore it as you do in X-Plane 11 

Richard

mmBbmS1.png