Sign in to follow this  
Rolfspan

Map showing all installed airports available?

I am looking for a map that shows all Installed airports, be they payware, freeware or MSFS airports. Little NavMap shows some, however not all show up on their map even with the 'force map to show add-on airports' activated. It does not appear to pick up all the airports in the community folder and differentiate them by showing them on the map with a yellow circle.

Thank you.

Rolf

LittleNavMap does show all the airports here, default and added ones. You might want to post over in the LNM section, the developer is super quick in answering.

Quick check, are you allowing LNM to update the scenery library? You need to do this while having all the add-ons in the community folder just in case you use an addon manager 

Interesting I posted this question here in page 2, look for the post from “sidfadc”. I got a response from the dev but did some more digging myself.

In short it appears airports from Official marketplace are encrypted preventing them from showing a yellow circle in LNM.  Even more so only the handcrafted Asobo STANDARD airports have a yellow circle, those airports shipped with Premium or Premium Deluxe do NOT show a yellow circle - presumably because of similar encryption techniques.  Question is why!?  Alex at LNM has no idea.

I took this one step further and posted over at the FSDT forum to understand if the encryption is forced through marketplace or if this is similar behaviour if bought direct from the vendor or 3rd party like Simmarket- still waiting on a response.

Edited by sidfadc

Thomas Derbyshire

Gentlemen, I think I am not doing it right. I just downloaded ENGM (Oslo) from https://flightsim.to/ again to see if I was doing it incorrectly. In my previous attempt it did not show up. This time it did. The difference appears to be that I included the whole folder once unzipped instead of just the airport folder. I tried a second time with KBLI and again it worked. It appears that the error was mine. The comments regarding Alex from LMN being very supportive is totally correct. I did ask for and received his assistance within minutes of posting the question. I misinterpreted his answer. My thanks to you for your imput.

Rolf 

4 hours ago, Rolfspan said:

Gentlemen, I think I am not doing it right. I just downloaded ENGM (Oslo) from https://flightsim.to/ again to see if I was doing it incorrectly. In my previous attempt it did not show up. This time it did. The difference appears to be that I included the whole folder once unzipped instead of just the airport folder. I tried a second time with KBLI and again it worked. It appears that the error was mine. The comments regarding Alex from LMN being very supportive is totally correct. I did ask for and received his assistance within minutes of posting the question. I misinterpreted his answer. My thanks to you for your imput.

Rolf 

Look for the top level folder to use that contains files similar to this, and do not hesitate to rename that folder to something more understandable than it might be named when unzipped.  However do not rename any of the folders that cascade from it as those folder names are spec'd in hte .json files:

image.png.4a06f53625545c2d8c870e85a88a0346.png

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

6 hours ago, sidfadc said:

In short it appears airports from Official marketplace are encrypted preventing them from showing a yellow circle in LNM.  Even more so only the handcrafted Asobo STANDARD airports have a yellow circle, those airports shipped with Premium or Premium Deluxe do NOT show a yellow circle - presumably because of similar encryption techniques.  Question is why!?  Alex at LNM has no idea.

I took this one step further and posted over at the FSDT forum to understand if the encryption is forced through marketplace or if this is similar behaviour if bought direct from the vendor or 3rd party like Simmarket- still waiting on a response.

The encryption is to prevent piracy. It's applied to the Premium/Deluxe aircraft and airports, plus anything bought through the marketplace.

The downside is, what you said, third party programs can't read the files.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

The encryption is to prevent piracy. It's applied to the Premium/Deluxe aircraft and airports, plus anything bought through the marketplace.

Yep got this reply from Umberto over at FSDT

Is this format forced on 3rd party devs through the official Marketplace?

Yes, we don't have any control over it. We send the unencrypted package to Microsoft, and it appears encrypted on the MS Marketplace.

Would I have the same issue if I bought direct from FSDT or Simmarket?

No. We explained it here:
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,24167.msg160563.html#msg160563

Thomas Derbyshire

The above replies  explain it well. Thanks to LNM we can get a t least a good number of airports to choose from when planning a flight.

Thank you all.

Rolf

Edited by Rolfspan
Missing word

4 hours ago, Rolfspan said:

The above replies  explain it well. Thanks to LNM we can get a t least a good number of airports to choose from when planning a flight.

Thank you all.

Rolf

LNM: Whenever I collect an airport or a scenery from flightsim.to, I create a userpoint on the map using the round yellow icon for 'location'. Helps a lot.

Intel Core i7-11700F, mainboard MSI MPG B560I GAMING EDGE WIFI (MS-7D19), 32 GB DDR4 SDRAM, RTX3070, no OC for CPU, RAM or GPU, XMP off. MS Store version, default installation path on a 1 TB NVMe 4x 8 GT/s

21 hours ago, EDDB2020 said:

LNM: Whenever I collect an airport or a scenery from flightsim.to, I create a userpoint on the map using the round yellow icon for 'location'. Helps a lot.

Yes but all the freeware appears with the yellow circle anyway so no need for that.  It’s the encrypted airports through the marketplace or Premium and Premium deluxe airports which don’t show.

Thomas Derbyshire

1 hour ago, sidfadc said:

Yes but all the freeware appears with the yellow circle anyway so no need for that.  It’s the encrypted airports through the marketplace or Premium and Premium deluxe airports which don’t show.

That's true, mostly. Some airports do not appear with the yellow circle but are available in the sim. Don't know why, maybe something within the mod isn't addressed correctly. Additionally I use the yellow star to mark downloaded landmarks.

Intel Core i7-11700F, mainboard MSI MPG B560I GAMING EDGE WIFI (MS-7D19), 32 GB DDR4 SDRAM, RTX3070, no OC for CPU, RAM or GPU, XMP off. MS Store version, default installation path on a 1 TB NVMe 4x 8 GT/s

On 11/30/2020 at 2:01 PM, Tuskin38 said:

Thank you for this. I knew the MS/AS content was locked down, but I didn't realize 3PD content was locked down as well.

I really wish things like this were stickied here or in tips and tricks. There are decisions we need to make before we install MSFS - where to install, how to purchase, where to purchase content...). If you make the wrong decision in the beginning, the issues will snowball. Looking forward to when we have ADE for MSFS and AI traffic everywhere, I'm sure we'll need to modify 3PD content. If the files are locked down, it sounds like we won't be able to do it if we purchase from the marketplace.

Now that I know this, I will never purchase 3PD from the Marketplace again (so far, I've held off on purchases until the sim settles down a bit). I hate to say this, because I was really looking forward to having my purchases in one place with a simple and consistent installation process. I guess I'm back to Simmarket. Of course, I may change my mind if ScruffyDuck finds a way to allow modification on locked down files. I haven't followed their progress on ADE for MSFS, but I know it is in the works.

Edited by duckbilled
  • Like 1

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Some airports aren't on the LNM display as a yellow circle, but if you go to Window/Search and enter the name or code, often it will then and there pop up on the LNM map as a yellow circle. But when and if you close the Window window, then the yellow circle goes away. So I just drag the Window window away onto another monitor down in the corner for as long as I need the yellow circle to be there.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Example: U61 Twin Bridges airfield, Ketchum, Idaho. . 

Enter ICAO code U61 and a yellow circle will popup where the that airstrip is on the map and it can be put into a plan with a mouse click.

But without doing this search, when you right click at that exact same spot there is no option to plan it. And when you close the Window window, the circle and the opportunity vanishes.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.