Sign in to follow this  
martin-w

Elon Musk says SpaceX could launch Starship Wednesday!

Wednesday then lads. Elon says only one in three chance of success. So get ready for a big bang and lots of fire.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/30/elon-musk-spacexs-starship-test-flight-may-be-as-early-as-wednesday.html

Up to 50,000 feet, descend, belly flop manoeuvre, quick flip around and then land. 

Edited by martin-w

I love watching the launches. I can see them from my back yard and have watched launches since the 60's. Go Elon. You are doing a great job.\

• Like 2

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

"Any day now. No, seriously!"

TFR finally just issued. I think we'll see another static fire today, but no launch Wed. New road closures primary 7th, alt 8th and 9th. Maybe a Pearl Harbor Day launch? LabPadre is a great live feed on YouTube.

Edited by Tim_Capps

36 minutes ago, Tim_Capps said:

LabPadre is a great live feed on YouTube.

Thanks Tim, will check it out. I hear there are no blast deflectors. Three raptors I recall. They will need them when all raptors are in place me thinks. 

28 Raptors lol... that will be some show! But just three for now. LabPadre has a great 24 hour cam and sometimes comes on with the latest information when the scroll is OBE. And in other news, China launched a moon-rock word not allowed and return mission.

25 minutes ago, Tim_Capps said:

a moon-rock word not allowed

5n4tch might be the word not allowed meaning to grab hastily..

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

15 hours ago, HighBypass said:

5n4tch might be the word not allowed meaning to grab hastily..

Thanks Mark, was a little slow this morning, couldnt find what Tim meant 😃

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

16 hours ago, Tim_Capps said:

China launched a moon-rock word not allowed and return mission.

The Chinese lander is already on the surface and about to collect rocks.

28 Raptors! Good grief! Cant come soon enough. 😆 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

The Falcon Heavy has 27 Merlins.

Raptors are more powerful though. 😆 

The BFR will have Raptors, but the Merlins on the Heavy are impressive. So, I can't say "word not allowed?" but I can say Dick Cavett? I'll think twice about potential slang meanings from now on! :-) It's windy today at Boca Chica. TFR issued for Dec 4-6. Elon is such a tease! Well, I'll continue to pimp my ride today (L1011 II). As I type this I can see goats out the window. A group is outside of the fence (of course) and huddled around something. I can also hear the cock crow--we have two bantams and a surprise Polish we thought was a hen. Very peaceful on our little farm.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, martin-w said:

Raptors are more powerful though

It's all relative. 27 Merlins = 5 million pounds of thrust, equivalent to about 18 747s. It could put a fully-loaded 737 into orbit. (From Space X's website--they don't specify what kind of 737, but it's still pretty impressive)  Elon did put his Tesla roadster into space--complete with a passenger :-D

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tim_Capps said:

-they don't specify what kind of 737

A Max with MCAS...I guess that's the only way some people (in general, not here on AVSIM!) would want to see one of those fly again :laugh:

Ah, the Tesla Roadster: "Our new rocket needs some ballast for trialling", "Well we do make cars which have enough mass to be a great substitute for a metal block... and fantastic PR !" :cool:

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

2 hours ago, HighBypass said:

A Max with MCAS...I guess that's the only way some people (in general, not here on AVSIM!) would want to see one of those fly again :laugh:

Ah, the Tesla Roadster: "Our new rocket needs some ballast for trialling", "Well we do make cars which have enough mass to be a great substitute for a metal block... and fantastic PR !" :cool:

It was actually Elon's Roadster. His own vehicle. 

• Like 1

On 11/30/2020 at 11:27 PM, 188AHC said:

I love watching the launches. I can see them from my back yard and have watched launches since the 60's. Go Elon. You are doing a great job.\

Same here...  I love watching them from the back of my house.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2