Sign in to follow this  
planesteff

Add-on Scenery Fix for FSX Available

Guest tcable

It's great to see that the living world is carrying over to the core app along with the scenery ideas :)Keep the updates and tweaks coming! Thanks Hal and Adam.

Guest killerwatt

Not to my Knowledge. I havent changed it. My version is 10.0.60905.0 dated 14/10/2006 at 11.57 and my FSX is installed in the default location. Can anyone help please?

Guest RonB49

>Not to my Knowledge. I havent changed it. My version is>10.0.60905.0 dated 14/10/2006 at 11.57 and my FSX is installed>in the default location. Can anyone help please?The default file is timestamped 9/9/2006 4:15 AM. I think that you have installed the one that was modified to correct the islands and land bridges which appeared in some bodies of water. R-EDIT: It just occurred to me that our FSX versions could be dated differently. Mine is a US version. R-

Guest sajamo

>You're probably using the terrain.dll fix that is posted in>the library. Go back to the original.>>RandallI have the same problem. I never installed the terrain.dll posted in the forum.Here is what I have from terrain.dll "properties":File version 10.0.60905.0Product version 10.0.60905.0 (same as file version)Date on terrain.dll 9/9/2006I removed the dll file completely and did a reinstall/repair. The same file was installed again off of the CD. When I retried the update I got the same error - i.e. "The current installed version of terrain.dll is more recent." How could it be more recent when it came off of the FSX Deluxe CD? :-hmmm

Hi Hal,Over 8,500 views in 2 days! Even allowing for the repeat visitors that's a lot of interest in a fix...indeed, any fix ;)Thank you and looking forward to next week.Mike

>>The default file is timestamped 9/9/2006 4:15 AM. I think>that you have installed the one that was modified to correct>the islands and land bridges which appeared in some bodies of>water. R-The file that was modifed for rocks in water is terrain.cfg, NOT terrain.dllscott s..

Guest killerwatt

>The patch wont run on my system. It says the existing>terrain.dll in FSX is more current than the version that>replaces it.Hal, are you guys at aces working on curing this for us? My .dll hasnt been altered and I still get this message.

Guest stewi2

I also get the same error: "the current installed version of terrain.dll is more recent". The version of the currently installed file is 10.0.60905.0 from 9/9/2006.

I get the same error about my terrain.dll being more recent.. I have not modified my .dll file, I have FSX Deluxe, bought at a local shop here in Sweden.Looks like A$es need to release a patch for their patch...

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest yarvelling

Tut, Tut, Jimmi....How impolite.MS/Aces' patch works fine for me; I have used the old FS9 VFR scenery, the new Horizons VFR demo, and use the new Just Flight photoreal London scenery, all without issue.

How good for you! Unfortunately, it seems that for a number of users, including me, the patch doesn't work.My terrain.dll is dated 9/9 2006, 11:15:01 and it's the same one that came on the dvd.Maybe the problem is limited to versions sold in certain countries?

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

OK I found the updated terrain.dll file on a game piracy site.. Don't blame me for having to resort to that. If anyone else is having problems, I may be able to arrange something ;-)My guess is that this applies to only certain versions, maybe only the nordic versions of the sim.. those kind of things happen sometimes.Typical of microsoft to create an 8MB setup program that doesn't even work, just to update a 700KB dll file.

MSFS / XP

Guest yarvelling

I bought my copy when it first came out here in the UK; my terrain.dll is dated 23rd October, although there is an 'terrain.dll.old' (09/09/2006) file in my installation too, most likely created by the Microsoft Scenery Update patch. If that is the case, then perhaps something didn't go correctly with your update?

Guest stewi2

>My guess is that this applies to only certain versions, maybe>only the nordic versions of the sim.. those kind of things>happen sometimes.>Nah, I have the same problem with the US version bought in California.