Sign in to follow this  
hanhamreds

Steveo flying the DA62 - could this be his greatest VLOG

Is there really a MSFS autopilot fix coming out Tuesday?  Or was it just that one of these fräuleins whispered that to me in my sleep last night?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

12 hours ago, fppilot said:

Is there really a MSFS autopilot fix coming out Tuesday?  Or was it just that one of these fräuleins whispered that to me in my sleep last night?

The fix is only supposed to undo what Asobo broke in patch #7. The complete autopilot update is still scheduled for patch #9, which will be greeted with a full scale military parade in multiple countries.

2 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

The fix is only supposed to undo what Asobo broke in patch #7. The complete autopilot update is still scheduled for patch #9, which will be greeted with a full scale military parade in multiple countries.

I have zero knowledge of any upcoming patch.  My post was 100% a joke:  fräuleins

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

On 12/6/2020 at 12:30 PM, ryanbatcund said:

Nice video.

Hoping for Rob's mod sometime!

There's one thing from the video that I wish Asobo would have done a lot better.  Most of the planes in MSFS don't slow down with idle or lowered power settings.  The owner in that video was saying how pulling power in the DA62 is like applying speed brakes.  I wish this was modeled better along with forward slips etc.

Can you mod it yourself? There was supposed to be an editor in the new sim. If not, the equivalent of the old cfg file might have the answer. 

On 12/6/2020 at 12:33 PM, Steve Dra said:

When you look at the other pilot's with "twins" in the vblog world (310pilot, baron pilot, etc)....its both easy and sad to see that, anyone being honest knows about 80% of their hits to their vids and channels come directly from the "twins" that have nothing to do with aviation.
Steveo just wants to "fly" a cool "twin"....however you want to take that. 😉 

Watch the 1st 40 secs of these clips and tell me I'm wrong: (and ESPECIALLY the last 30 secs of the 2nd one, and AT 30 secs of the 2nd one....in that clip...you'll get to see how rough the runway surface is based on the "bounce factor")😆

Now before you label me an only fuddyduddy and say "How can you NOT like these excellent aviation vids?"  I do like them as much as the next red-blooded American Het man, and they do actually have good and interesting aviation content....but EVERYONE is there for the "Twins"....you take your pick to which "Set" you're there MORE for. 🤣

Trust me... there's some red blooded Englishmen around too. 

Edited by martin-w

On 12/6/2020 at 3:38 PM, ThomseN_inc said:

All those horny old farts...pathetic!

One day you will be a horny old fart instead of a horney young fart. But fart or not, horny you will still be. 

Above was philosophy and poetry combined. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, martin-w said:

One day you will be a horny old fart instead of a horney young fart. But fart or not, horny you will still be. 

Above was philosophy and poetry combined. 

impressive!

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

2 hours ago, ThomseN_inc said:

impressive!

Thank you. Genius actually.