Sign in to follow this  
raymar

Bring Your Coffee and Let's Sit Down

4 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

The only video tutorials I trust are the ones from youtubers I trust. 

What we need is an old-fashioned tutorial flight, the ones you could print out, put next to your keyboard. 

The Tutorial Flight for the CRJ for MSFS is Vol3 of the documentation. From Prep to Shutdown. Detailed and printable flight from Paderborn (available free in Marketplace) to Paris. 

image.jpeg.41e8f9a8109a07dae196387138242ce7.jpeg

• Like 1

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

It always amazes me how some people are insistent on taking a relatively positive development and somehow turning it into a tangential thread of negativity.  As if the world is not jam packed with prophets of doom already.  

• Like 7
  • Upvote 4

Really looking forward for this one.

It's most probably going to be my first payware for MFS. Next will be a Navigraph subscription.

BTW: where can we get the link for the manuals from ?

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Uninstaller since July 2012 when MS ceased development of MS FLIGHT...

31 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Really looking forward for this one.

It's most probably going to be my first payware for MFS. Next will be a Navigraph subscription.

BTW: where can we get the link for the manuals from ?

Only Vol1 and Vol2 have been released for review and comments. Visit the CRJ thread at Aerosoft. You will have to wade through 35 pages of discussion and announcements. Some very nice screenshots are scattered throughout the thread.

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/155410-aerosoft-aircraft-crj-for-msfs/

https://forum.aerosoft.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=155118
https://forum.aerosoft.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=155262

Enjoy,

Ray

2 hours ago, David Roch said:

But caution is required when we see that at the same time and overnight Aerosoft has simply deleted their MSFS forum, sweeping away all the problems encountered by their products on this platform.

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php

They haven't deleted their forum, it's undergoing maintenance to streamline it a bit better. It's not as if anyone who has a support issue cannot email them in the interim, or post when it goes back up, or seek help/complain elsewhere, certainly for things which are user-related at least.

But, it seems some people really have got a weed up their @ss with Aerosoft to the point where anything they do - even forum maintenance - is a tailor-made excuse to slag them off. I'm not suggesting they can do no wrong, but really, fixing their forum is a bad thing? Come on!

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

At the end of the day, time will tell. Personally, I'm gonna give this one a try. The time to slag it off will be when you've forked out 45 quid for it if it is not fit for purpose when it is on your hard disk and not doing what it is advertised to do. If that is the case, I will be only too happy to criticise it on my youtube channel, or indeed praise it if it turns out to be good.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

51 minutes ago, Chock said:

At the end of the day, time will tell. Personally, I'm gonna give this one a try. The time to slag it off will be when you've forked out 45 quid for it if it is not fit for purpose when it is on your hard disk and not doing what it is advertised to do. If that is the case, I will be only too happy to criticise it on my youtube channel, or indeed praise it if it turns out to be good.

But remember the sim istelf does not do all of its intended features...there are numerous bugs in the core code still.  Sometimes things break after updates. The A320 AP for example.  If there are some features of the CRJ that are not 100% on release, I will work around them as I am doing that in the sim in general anyway as the code is evolving.

• Upvote 1

Simon

12 minutes ago, simon747 said:

But remember the sim istelf does not do all of its intended features...there are numerous bugs in the core code still.  Sometimes things break after updates. The A320 AP for example.  If there are some features of the CRJ that are not 100% on release, I will work around them as I am doing that in the sim in general anyway as the code is evolving.

The A320 breaks because they are changing the same code as MS and don't get to see what has changed until the update hits.

Given Aerosoft have stated many times they have a close relationship with Asobo and have been helping them build their SDK out I would be suprised if there's something left that can't be done as far as the CRJ is concerned.

Edited by highflyer2020
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, simon747 said:

True, but since Aerosoft are leading the charge on the SDK and as the main party of this effort, they also sent their CRJ code to Asobo to elaborate on things they had done with it in terms of functionality, with the intent that these become part of the sim's capabilities and methodologies, we can suppose they are aware of what they do and how it might impact or be affected by capability changes. Thus one assumes that the CRJ will not only be demonstrative of better capabilities, but also be the thing which implements them as the way to go about stuff.

I still think the really top-notch developers such as A2A and FSL will be having to go outside the sim for the odd super-duper function, as the Aerosoft CRJ is by design 'built to a price' in terms of complexity and such, but rather than its development being potentially problematic, it is in fact more of a pioneering test case and proof of concept.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

17 hours ago, Chock said:

I suggest one called 'For God's sake, put the lid on that coffee, we're about to do spin recovery'

I have a little story on this. When learning to get my Single Engine license, I thought I'll take my flight instructor for a $100 hamburger and we flew to some town south west of Dallas and had our lunch there... after we finished I took my "huge" drink with ice with me. Prior to doing my Pre flight I opened the door and put the drink on the floor near the gas tank switch thingi and completed my pre flight and when done  we got on it and left, we took off and flew back to our home base (52F North west regional), a good 40 min flight, landed and taxied back to the hangar and turned off the engine and was about to get off, I noticed, I forgot to take my drink from the floor. It was still there on the floor. It hadn't fallen or spilt anything. I was shocked. My instructor told me, Manny, you flew good with coordinated, 1 G throughout, thats' why you did not spill the drink. Till today, I am amazed at that experience. 🙂

Edited by Manny
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

2 hours ago, Chock said:

as the Aerosoft CRJ is by design 'built to a price' in terms of complexity and such, but rather than its development being potentially problematic, it is in fact more of a pioneering test case and proof of concept.

Yes, we need some more aircraft in there, so I will take what is on offer and be flexible in my thinking as I have become accustomed to with the new flight simulator.  Sometimes a function does not work 100% in the aircraft, but then I look out at the atmosphere and I think, bugger this looks so real that I overlook it.

Edited by simon747

Simon

Here is a short video clip taken about two hours ago.  Frank, The Dude, was on his way to EDDM and decided to do a little cloud surfing while checking out the AP, VS, and HDG functions.

Mathijs made an interesting comment that it was good the see the CRJ flying from a distance after looking at the bits and pieces recently.  He said some of the team have been putting in 20 hour days.  Amazing dedication.

A lot of folks are pushing for some sort of nod that the CRJ is almost ready for market and asking if it could be in their Christmas stocking next week. The most definitive statement so far is "Might happen, things are going to the wire on this one."

The latest post by Mathijs was less than 30 minutes ago. Remember this is on a Sunday evening.

Positive Rate; Gear UP?

No, I would say we are at the gate and preparing to start the engine.  I do not want to create ideas that are not intended. We are at the hugely complex stage where we need to decide if what we got is good enough.  As you will understand this is a hugely important project for us. You have really no idea how much effort and how much time was poured into this.

It is by far the most complex project I have worked on in the 20+ years I am doing this. Not because the add-on is the most complex but there are so many bits and people that had (have) to work together to make this happen. 

Some projects are a labour of love. The Catalina we did for example. Everybody did that project because we just love that big lumbering weird aircraft. This was not a project like this. We wanted to proof MFS really IS a serious platform for more complex aircraft. Obviously it is a simulator with the graphical power to look like no sim ever did. But it was up to Hans (and Alexander) to show the WASM coding could do complex systems.  And that was not easy as we simply had no experience to base our work on.  This project was just damned hard work. A lot of the time frustrating.  When TheDude posted his cloud surfing video this afternoon I was really happy, because it is so easy to lose track of how far we have progressed.  If you are looking at bits you tend not to see the bytes. 

Are we fully happy at this moment? No, but I have never worked on a DLC where literally everybody in the team did not feel we could make things better.  But when that would be inserted, they would just find the next thing. A real good development team has to be 'peeled' off a development to start something new because they will always default to just add that one last bit, and then the next last bit. 

I am honored to work with the people I talk to day in and out.  I might be the one visible, but they do the work. In the last few weeks I seen people work 20 hour days, others coming back from a more than deserved vacation to solve issues.