Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Best low n slow plane for vfr sight seeing?

I plan to sight see from the cockpit, so I need a plane that doesn't obstruct my view, but I also want all glass avionics because I love modern and techy stuff inside my plane.

I'm looking for a plane that has a similar and very nice cockpit layout similar to the TBM, but with slower speeds and windows that that don't obstruct the views.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

11 hours ago, captain420 said:

Can someone recommend a good plane for sight seeing?

The Cessna 152 is fantastic. I fly one in real life. The checklist in the sim is accurate. The plane is dead simple to fly, handles like the real one does, and is a tremendous option if you’ve got nowhere to go and don’t need to be there anytime soon. I’ve flown it all over the Caribbean, Japan, Australia, Africa. I can’t recommend it enough. 

• Upvote 1

Are there any all glass cockpit VFR/GA planes good for sight seeing? I do not like old planes with steam gauges. Just my personal preference.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

The SW121 and the XCub are both primarily glass displays.  

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

7 hours ago, Matt Webb said:

If you are sightseeing in Australia, the Jabiru from IRIS very popular aircraft down here. 

G1000 172. End of story. 

• Like 1

I just got one based on this thread.  It's fabulous!! Low and slow... outstanding graphics, excellent controls and features. All the visibility you could ask for.

It's exactly the aircraft you want for finding your house in the city or 'floating' down the strip in FlyTampa's Las Vegas at twilight.

Asus Z590 P, Intel i7 10700k, 64gb RAM(3200), nVidia RTX 4070 FE,  Windows 10 (21H1), 2tb M.2 nvme ssd,

Samsung QN43QN90BA 43" 4K@120hz, Bose Companion 5 speakers, Velocity One Flight Yoke/Quad.