Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Best low n slow plane for vfr sight seeing?

Can someone recommend a good plane for sight seeing?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

If you can wait until the 24th, the Gibbage Zenith 701 will be available for MSFS. I have the P3D version and will be getting the MSFS version.

Edited by yurei
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, captain420 said:

Can someone recommend a good plane for sight seeing?

Several options based on the VFR mission.

You can't go wrong with either the Savage Carbon....or the Xcub.

• Savage- Undisputed STOL king....cruises at over 100.  has rudimentary AP altitude and heading hold.
  • Xcub- no slouch either when it comes to getting in and out of places.  Has full AP and avionics suite, plus full AP with all modes needed for good x-country flights, and cruises a bit faster than the Savage.
  • 172 G1000- if you're doing a longer distance....she has all you need, simple to operate.

All those are high wing...and if you want to see what's below you....that is important. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

The Pipistrel Virus ist nice for sightseeing IMO.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

What is STOL?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Just now, captain420 said:

What is STOL?

Short Takeoff Or Landing.

• Like 1

Any one of the Grravel mods over at flightsim.to - absolutely fantastic.  I cant wait to try the Mustang one tonight! 😁

https://flightsim.to/file/5061/savage-grravel-monster-truck-in-the-skies

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

2 hours ago, yurei said:

I have the P3D version

I second the Zenith 701! 

Have it for P3D too, glad it’s coming to MSFS, a very fun plane!

Edited by Cmcollazo71

I picked up Nemeth's Aerolite 103 Ultralite a few weeks ago. Pricey, but it's perfect for what you're looking for. I guess Nemeth is keeping their hand in the MSFS20202 game until it is ready for their stable of helicopters.

Stock aircraft, any of the 3 cubs, the SW121, or the CTLS are good. (The SW121 is actually a hidden gem I think, it will takeoff and land at 65kts in a very short distance but cruise at 128kts, and it has 'en route IFR' equipment...really neat little plane).  Cessnas 'ok'.

Mods, GotGravel's Savage Carbon or Grravel, or the Bush League Legends XCub mod.  I haven't had a chance to try Grravel yet, maybe tonight.

Edited by marsman2020

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

For what your asking;

Flight Design CTLS

Right out of the box, best bar none.

• Like 1

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K