Sign in to follow this  
Tom_L

Terrain issues after 1.12.13.0 update

5 hours ago, marsman2020 said:

So is it fixed?  Or is the fix being released in the next update?  Or what?  Would it be too hard to specify what is going on instead of giving us a vague non-statement?

I swear it's like George Orwell's 1984 over on the official MSFS forum.  They have also been not only closing but also de-listing from the forum entirely other threads where people have mentioned this issue.

I have no problems with moderators closing duplicate threads but on every forum I have ever used, de-listing was reserved for spam or gross violations of the TOS.  I also notice that the threads they delist always seem to be the ones about problems with the sim....

the problem here us that patches cause more problems rather  than fix them

• Upvote 1

On 1/1/2021 at 4:56 PM, Alpine Scenery said:

Covid has nothing to do with releasing something that can be fixed by just repacking different files, when they are repeating the mistake over and over and over again. That is an intergalactic faery tale that you invented out of thin space.

You totally misinterpreted my point, which was that given the extra genuine tragedies experienced by millions this year, your characterization of this irritating bump in your flight-sim experience as "EXTREMELY depressing"suggests your priorities are skewed.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

On 1/14/2021 at 6:50 PM, scotchegg said:

You totally misinterpreted my point, which was that given the extra genuine tragedies experienced by millions this year, your characterization of this irritating bump in your flight-sim experience as "EXTREMELY depressing"suggests your priorities are skewed.

You didn't spend 100+ hours of voluntary work trying to fix the problem, and the resulting carpal tunnel that came with it, anything can be taken out of context in writing (or even in speech), but it was a characterization of the issue, not that I'm actually sitting here being depressed about it, annoyed would be the better word. 

Would be kind of like saying, I injured my leg before, not sure why the other guy is having trouble walking when I walked it off in a day. The two don't necessarily have anything to do with the other, maybe the other guy needed to run away from someone and couldn't, and maybe you were are already at the doctor's office when it happened. Just an example 🙂

Edited by Alpine Scenery

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram