Sign in to follow this  
mazelda

Any final tweaks required

Posted (edited)

Hi 

I'm just finalising my new build, which is probably massivley overkill but i don't plan on doing another new system for several years.

I'm really happy with my spec but just wondered if i've missed anything that i could add at a later date.

So its a 5950x with a 3090 gpu the evga ftw3 ultra, on a crossfire hero wifi mobo , z73 aio for cpu, 32gb ram 4x8gb sticks at 3600mhz cas 16, a 1200w psu, a 2tb m.2 nvme 

Plus i will be using a couple of sata ssd from my old pc 

I think thats most of it . In the future i will probably add another m.2 drive and  proper water cooling solution ,but for that i would need to use another case which i have lying around that i can mod.

Any thoughts on stuff i may have overlooked or you think might help by adding

I also have the first gen of occulus rift vr headset that i plan on reusing hopefully with better performance in new system

Cheers

Edited by mazelda

Pete Little

Posted (edited)

The nzxt h710 for the new build  i have a bigger case in old build 

Cant remember the make but its a 750d by either corsair or coolermaster

Edited by mazelda

Pete Little

Posted (edited)

All looks top of the line, now the problem is actually finding the parts in stock.

Edited by CaptainNick

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 2070 Super, Samsung Odyssey +, 4K Tv Monitor

Do you really need the 5950X? If it's just for normal work & games may as well drop back to the 5900X and save yourself a couple of hundred quid as the 5950X won't deliver any better performance really in games. If you're a heavy productivity user then sure the 5950X might make more sense. 

I use blender and a bit photoshoping but to be honest the price difference between the 5900 and 5950 is not really worth bothering about by the time ive got all the parts together and the fact i plan on keeping a long time then perhaps there may be a bit of future proofing

And i can get my hands on the 5950 a bit easier

Pete Little