Sign in to follow this  
cavaricooper

Axis and Ohs Support Sub Forum

Oliver-

Just purchased this for my VRInsight Boeing MCP2  (and everything else).  I'd like to keep axis in MSFS and just use Axis and Ohs for the MCP and Buttons.  I'm having some difficulty getting things configured correctly and was hoping that there would be a support forum for this bit of kit.  Also, it would be splendid if there could be MODULES written for individual aircraft. a la LINDA, where it was a simple matter of downloading the file and clicking SYNC.  Quick response to the more common pay ware aircraft would, I believe, go a long way towards general adoption.  I am concentrating on MSFS for the moment, but as I get more familiar with this, I may look at a P3D application.... than the aircraft modules will become more valuable than ever as there is quite a large selection in LINDA.

Excited to learn.  Thanks as ever- C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Hello Carl,

it is still early days where the VRI Bridge is concerned. It is being developed predominantly for and with one of the people behind LINDA.

A few testers have created templates for the Bridge program that you can load into AxisAndOhs. They are available as downloads where the Bridge program is too on the axisandohs website. Those templates would be the equivalent to the LINDA modules. You import them into AAO and should be pretty much ready to go.

Other than that, the support forum is right here. Or write me an email, the address is on the last page of the manual.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Aye Oliver-

Guenter is how I found out about your program.  Having a bit of a fiddle atm.  Please do have a think about various aircraft "modules" as that would be hugely important to a Git like me.

Ta- C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

@Lorby_SI

Oliver- this is one of the most annoying and widely prevalent bugs in MSFS. 

Would you be able to program A&O to clean up the mess Asobo has created with a box button tick?  I'm sure that more than just I would be obliged!

Ta- C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

7 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

Would you be able to program A&O to clean up the mess Asobo has created with a box button tick?  I'm sure that more than just I would be obliged!

You can force any increment in AAO by assigning RPN scripts to the buttons instead of the traditional INC/DEC events.

AxisAndOhs: solution for the "10-degree-problem" - Lorby-SI Payware - The AVSIM Community

And if you route all external controllers through AAO, instead of assigning them in the sim, you shouldn't have this problem either. In this case I suppose there is a switch (landing gear?) that closes a contact for good, so it is pressed all the time. That triggers the input acceleration in the sim. AAO suppresses that, unless you set the button assignment to "repeat".

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Carl,

just go to AAO/Downloads site and scroll down.

There are templates for the MCP Combo for the AP or the G1000/3000.

Just load them, assign them and you are ready to go - and no worries about increments ...

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guenter-

I'm just not sure how to load the template for the MCPII AP and G1000 together?  Is that possible?  I am just starting to poke around... want to get the MCP working as the A320 mod has now stopped working with LINDA and I cannot fly without 🙂

Ta- C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

@Lorby_SI

Oliver- a bit confused, sorry. 

Where does the program itself install?  I realize the templates are in the documents folder (after I created one inside A&O for "my" templates).

I then added another subfolder for the "BRIDGE" program.. seems to work fine. Do you see a potential issue?

I needed to make a template with my basic button, lever and switch commands, calling them "Basic GA" and then I apply that template to each GA a/c... ja?

Also, I was now able to import the AP functions to my MCP and they seem to be working also as I MERGED that template with my Basic GA template.

Totally different from FSUIPC and LINDA but I'm beginning to see the attraction Guenter felt... very powerful... now I need to remember to merge and not overwrite templates. Can I merge all 3, my GA template, the AP MCP template and the G1000 template? I’ve only merged 2 so far.... would there be conflicts @guenseli? How do I check?

Is there capacity to add SPOILER Increase and SPOILER Decrease vs. the current ON or OFF (and the toggle functions) as currently supported in FSUIPC?

I still don't understand scripts.

VS control with the MCP actually works better/more predictably than with LINDA and FSUIPC... no more jumping around....

I think I understand the start order... MCP, A&O, MSFS and then Bridge....?

When shutting down is there a preferred flow? MSFS shutdown seems to auto close A&O but not the Bridge.

Very excited to have my MCP functional with every MSFS aircraft. Thanks!

C

Edited by cavaricooper

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

14 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

Where does the program itself install? 

Into "C:\Program Files", it is a 64bit Windows client program. There is nothing in the installation directory that is of any relevance for the user.

The database is saved to "C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\LORBY_SI" But you shouldn't mess with it either. See the chapter about file handling in the manual.

The folder in \Documents\ is just a convenience folder, and the initial folder when you export or import templates and scripts. You can save them anywhere you like.

I needed to make a template with my basic button, lever and switch commands, calling them "Basic GA" and then I apply that template to each GA a/c... ja?

Don't get too hung up on templates, they are just a feature for organizing and transporting things. You can merge as many as you like, that is kind of the point. Since every plane has its own profile, I thought it practical to manage the templates independently, maybe even "by system", not by plane. So you would have a template for the VRI bridge, one for the throttles, one for the joystick, one for the yoke etc. Or something different if you find that more convenient. If you fly a new plane that requires the same setup that you already have, you can just apply the profile of the existing one, there is an option for that in the Templates menu. No need to go through the entire setup every time.

I still don't understand scripts.

Same syntax and logic that has been used in the XML gauge code of the MS simulators for decades. There is a ton of resources on the Net about how to write FS-type RPN scripts.

Is there capacity to add SPOILER Increase and SPOILER Decrease vs. the current ON or OFF (and the toggle functions) as currently supported in FSUIPC?

Everything in AAO is taken directly from the simulator. All events and variables you find in the FSX/P3D/MSFS SDK documentation should be there in AAO. For MSFS go to "Content Configuration -> Variable Lists" in the SDK doc.

And much more, since AAO can scan for LVARs and HVARs too. Point is, there is no "meta" layer of things in AAO that I invented and nothing extra to learn. If you are looking for a way to do something you can just ask the Net how this has been done in MS sims in the past (in XML gauges etc.). 

When you have a lever, use the "Spoilers" axis in AAO or the spoiler flightsim events. Just search for "spoiler" in the filter textbox on the flightsim event selection dialog (the one with the treelist that you get when you assign the down event to a button). 
The spoilers don't have INC/DEC events though in flightsim, you would have to create scripts for these actions. Somehing like this (off the top of my head, not tested!):

Spoiler increment:
(A:SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION, Position) 0.9 < if{ (A:SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION, Position) 0.1 + 16383 * flr (>K:SPOILERS_SET) }

Spoiler decrement:
(A:SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION, Position) 0.1 >= if{ (A:SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION, Position) 0.1 - 16383 * flr (>K:SPOILERS_SET) }

(These are assuming that SPOILERS_SET event really goes from 0 to 16383 like it says in the SDK doc. There are many others where the doc is wrong).

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

4 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

When shutting down is there a preferred flow? MSFS shutdown seems to auto close A&O but not the Bridge.

No particular order when shutting down. You can add the bridge to the autostart feature of MSFS, but otherwise it is a separate program, not related to the AAO process. You could theoretically run the bridge on another computer (once I add the possibility to change the IP address of the AAO WebAPI...).

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

@Lorby_SI

Oliver- I am exploring with @guenseli's help and CONGRATS- this is a VERY POWERFUL bit of kit!

One note- for Rudder Trim- the "Select Simulator Event" explanation says aileron when trying to select the key down item.

For the future- could opened windows save their position?

Could you please look at adding a RESET ALL TRIMS TO 0 (which would be FANTASTIC) or at least individually for Aileron, Elevator and Rudder?

Ta- C

Edited by cavaricooper

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

1 hour ago, cavaricooper said:

Could you please look at adding a RESET ALL TRIMS TO 0 (which would be FANTASTIC) or at least individually for Aileron, Elevator and Rudder?

I would expect that to be aircraft specific, there is no "one size fits all".

This would be the default RPN script, but if it works for a particular aircraft is a matter of chance...

0 (>K:ELEVATOR_TRIM_SET) 0 (>A:RUDDER TRIM PCT, Percent over 100) 0 (>A:AILERON TRIM PCT, Percent over 100)

LORBY-SI

2 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

One note- for Rudder Trim- the "Select Simulator Event" explanation says aileron when trying to select the key down item.

Where exactly do I find this? Can't see it.

Edit: Got it. Thing is, that is exactly what is says in the SDK documentation...through all version from FSX to MSFS and in P3D.

KEY_RUDDER_TRIM_LEFT  RUDDER_TRIM_LEFT  Increments rudder trim left  Shared Cockpit
KEY_RUDDER_TRIM_RIGHT  RUDDER_TRIM_RIGHT  Increments aileron trim right  Shared Cockpit

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Could I please ask that A&O consider representing it correctly despite @Asobo and @MS ... they've done more than this wrong 😉

Ta- C

Edited by cavaricooper

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

On 1/18/2021 at 7:06 PM, cavaricooper said:

consider representing it correctly

Version 2.03, it was too late for that to make it into the current build.

There have been a few more oddities like this. The process that creates the description in AAO is partly automated, so all those little things are preserved....

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI