Sign in to follow this  
BWBriscoe

V5 stuttering

A couple of times recently I've come across a situation where P3D5 appears to stutter every second (for about half a second) repeatedly. The only way I can stop this happening is by exiting the sim. It generally happens a couple of hours into a long flight (but has also happened just before takeoff). My framerates are still high and VRAM management is good (see screenshot https://imgur.com/YYT4std). Any ideas on how to stop this happening?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

23 minutes ago, BWBriscoe said:

A couple of times recently I've come across a situation where P3D5 appears to stutter every second (for about half a second) repeatedly. The only way I can stop this happening is by exiting the sim. It generally happens a couple of hours into a long flight (but has also happened just before takeoff). My framerates are still high and VRAM management is good (see screenshot https://imgur.com/YYT4std). Any ideas on how to stop this happening?

Deleted.....sorry.....

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

do you happen to use navigraph simlink?  If so you can try uninstalling it.  It's been widely reported to cause issues.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

You running it on a laptop? I am and had the same exact problem and disabling "dynamic tick" in windows cured my problem, and I've heard of desktop users having success with that but make sure to do your research on it (threads over at LM) and use with caution and when hopeless..

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

do you happen to use navigraph simlink?  If so you can try uninstalling it.  It's been widely reported to cause issues.  

Do you mean uninstall and reinstall or just get rid of totally?

I'm running on a PC

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

I used something else for moving map.  So for me I just completely uninstalled.  Also had to remove the addon entry.  I thought I read that some people can close and restart simlink when the stutters start. But not sure on that 2nd part. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

48 minutes ago, micstatic said:

I used something else for moving map.  So for me I just completely uninstalled.  Also had to remove the addon entry.  I thought I read that some people can close and restart simlink when the stutters start. But not sure on that 2nd part. 

The current SimLink bug is that it can crash and then cause massive, obvious hitching every other second. All you have to do is restart SimLink. It's much worse than P3D's typical stuttering, which you really can't get rid of entirely. 

7 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

The current SimLink bug is that it can crash and then cause massive, obvious hitching every other second. All you have to do is restart SimLink. It's much worse than P3D's typical stuttering, which you really can't get rid of entirely. 

which is exactly the OP's problem:

I've come across a situation where P3D5 appears to stutter every second (for about half a second) repeatedly. 

14 minutes ago, micstatic said:

which is exactly the OP's problem:

I've come across a situation where P3D5 appears to stutter every second (for about half a second) repeatedly. 

You are throwing out the baby with the bath water.  Don't uninstall it.  Simply navigate to the Navigraph programs folder and double click on simlink.exe to get things back to normal.  On occasion (it happens about 10% of my long haul flights) that exe process will quit running for whatever reason.  Restart it .  Simple.  No need to close the simulator.

All it took was 10 min of troubleshooting to find the problem.  I've reported it to Navigraph.  Don't need drama.

• Like 1

Dan Downs KCRP

2 minutes ago, downscc said:

You are throwing out the baby with the bath water.  Don't uninstall it.  Simply navigate to the Navigraph programs folder and double click on simlink.exe to get things back to normal.  On occasion (it happens about 10% of my long haul flights) that exe process will quit running for whatever reason.  Restart it .  Simple.  No need to close the simulator.

All it took was 10 min of troubleshooting to find the problem.  I've reported it to Navigraph.  Don't need drama.

I personally don't like it anyway.  I use it to physically find charts, but I use FSTramp for my moving map.  But yes you make a good point. 

No one ever mentions it, but foreflight plus is 200/year but it's a dang fine tool with P3D. Connects extremely well and is incredible for flight planning and situational awareness. It is way better than using navigraphs app. (Though for USA only because of FAA charts, jepps are expensive..)

Edited by pilatuz

I agree with the ones stating simlink has that disconnection following with stutters bug (only happened to me once), it's a 1 sec fix re opening NavigraphSimlink.exe. I love navigraph, the only thing I miss is the possibility of writing over the charts, for example, marking the path of ATC taxi instructions, something that real world pilots do with the ipads Jeppesen Mobile app.

Edited by SergioN

Sergio Naiberg

It could also be FSUIPC auto-save, if turned on.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB