Sign in to follow this  
FilbertFlies

REVIEW: Digital Design Liverpool (EGGP)

Great airport i bought this the other day via ORBX Central.  Despite my pledge not to buy any UK airports until the next sim update, this airport along with the Maccosim EGCC which is barely 30 miles away is a fantastic combo.  I live right between both these airports so I’m incredibly familiar with the road network in between and it’s a great VFR hop between two incredibly detailed sceneries highly recommended!

Edited by sidfadc
  • Like 1

Thomas Derbyshire

Thanks @mrfilbert! I was hoping you’d be able to do a review of this sooner or later. The pre-release screenshots looked amazing, and it doesn’t disappoint.

You’ve quickly become the gold standard of MSFS airport reviews. Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

I too purchased the EGGP update and am really impressed. I didn't know about the EGCC mod, but, will hold off until after the UK update.

Living in Wigan, about half way between the two I use them both.

Liverpool is supposed to be on of the hand crafted airports that Asobo are making fir the UK sim update. I would hold off buying this until I have Asobo's version.

CJ

On 1/10/2021 at 2:40 PM, Tezbedz said:

I too purchased the EGGP update and am really impressed. I didn't know about the EGCC mod, but, will hold off until after the UK update.

Living in Wigan, about half way between the two I use them both.

I’m a wiganer too 🤗

Thomas Derbyshire

7 hours ago, CJ1045 said:

Liverpool is supposed to be on of the hand crafted airports that Asobo are making fir the UK sim update. I would hold off buying this until I have Asobo's version.

CJ

Yes your right, but I just can't see Asobo's Liverpool being anywhere near as good as this Digital Design version, I haven't got it yet but I'm definitely tempted.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

2 hours ago, eaim said:

Yes your right, but I just can't see Asobo's Liverpool being anywhere near as good as this Digital Design version, I haven't got it yet but I'm definitely tempted.

Well I was born at Clatterbridge Hospital, lived until 17 in Ellesmere Port and a friends father had a little Piper based at Liverpool. So it is pretty significant to me too!! Am temtped but holding off until I see what Asobo produce. Have the Maccosim Manchester though which is great and such a brilliant developer!!

CJ

• Upvote 1

I did a free version before this or the Asobo one were a glint in anyone's eye - https://flightsim.to/file/3175/eggp-liverpool-john-lennon-airport-upgrade

It's all stock bits but it didn't turn out too shabby. 

Not sure what course to take with it when the Asobo one comes out. Going on their stuff so far it could either be great or have large stretches of laziness. I may glue it on top of theirs if they're not on point. 

This version looks great. I always find it jarring when a developer doesn't touch the other side of the airport terminal. 

Edited by superspud
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tezbedz said:

I'm in Hindley.

Marus Bridge here 🙂

Thomas Derbyshire

I'm also impressed with the Liverpool Approach Mods and also the Jubillee Bridge,  Gateway and Fiddlers Ferry mods.

All very useful for visual approach

I haven't visited for many years, but, was amazed to see all the aircraft on the Apron of the old Liverpool Airport, now Crowne Plaza. used to go there for lunches with work colleagues about 15 years ago

• Like 1