Sign in to follow this  
F737MAX

Navigraph 2020 Survey Results out

Despite the way the data is presented (XP11 and P3D user bases are split), P3D holds its own against MSFS.

navigraph-survey-2020-flight-sim-9.png

I've written my thoughts on the data here:

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

It's always interesting to read this every year.  Next year could be an interesting survey.  But I suspect most of us here on the p3d board won't be going anywhere anytime soon with the lack of non scenery addons available for MSFS. 

• Upvote 3

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

52 minutes ago, micstatic said:

It's always interesting to read this every year.  Next year could be an interesting survey.  But I suspect most of us here on the p3d board won't be going anywhere anytime soon with the lack of non scenery addons available for MSFS. 

Indeed exactly my vision too. 

I like the complex and detailed airliners and very very stable 5.1 platform. 

Marcus

• Like 3

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, F737NG said:

Despite the way the data is presented (XP11 and P3D user bases are split), P3D holds its own against MSFS.

A detailed analysis where the data for XP11 version and P3D version are merged is available in the report. See section 4.3.1 on page 117-118. 

Here is the graph:

flightsim-community-survey-by-navigraph-

• Like 1

Stephen O'Connell

P3D has even smaller market share than XP now and V5 didn’t seem to do much to inject widespread enthusiasm into the platform. 

• Like 2

Your loss.  V5.1 is great.  My experience in flight simming has never been better and smoother.  And yes I have tried MSFS but it has a long ways to go.  FSLabs + P3D 5.1 + Vatsim, is as real as it gets!  Also can't go wrong with the new Airbus training video's from airline2sim, I have learned a ton more!!

Darcy

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Darcy said:

Your loss.  V5.1 is great.  My experience in flight simming has never been better and smoother.  And yes I have tried MSFS but it has a long ways to go.  FSLabs + P3D 5.1 + Vatsim, is as real as it gets!  Also can't go wrong with the new Airbus training video's from airline2sim, I have learned a ton more!!

Darcy

Are you talking to me? I never said I’m not on V5. I agree with what you’re saying, but P3Ds shrinking market share is not good for us who are on V5.

6 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Are you talking to me? I never said I’m not on V5. I agree with what you’re saying, but P3Ds shrinking market share is not good for us who are on V5.

Sorry should have said "their loss"  🙂 

2 hours ago, micstatic said:

But I suspect most of us here on the p3d board won't be going anywhere anytime soon with the lack of non scenery addons available for MSFS. 

I for one will stay on P3Dv4.5 for stil a while, until MSFS2020 matures (stability, functionalities..) and the release of PMDG and A2A aircrafts.

Unless I misunderstood, I'm surprised the reason you mention (lack of scenery addons available for MSFS) because I see plenty of sceneries announced every week on FSElite, freeware and payware.

- TONY -

@ F737NG : many thanks for the interesting info.

- TONY -

5 minutes ago, Simicro said:

I for one will stay on P3Dv4.5 for stil a while, until MSFS2020 matures (stability, functionalities..) and the release of PMDG and A2A aircrafts.

Unless I misunderstood, I'm surprised the reason you mention (lack of scenery addons available for MSFS) because I see plenty of sceneries announced every week on FSElite, freeware and payware.

he wrote NON scenery addons 😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

5 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

he wrote NON scenery addons 😉

Yep. This 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

23 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

P3D has even smaller market share than XP now and V5 didn’t seem to do much to inject widespread enthusiasm into the platform. 

the marketshare doesn't mean anything to me.  doesn't impact my enjoyment at all.  Yes it's a little disconcerting to see such little development going on over here.

Ok guys, sorry. I did not realizz that "non scenery" addons = aircraft addons 😚

• Like 1

- TONY -

yes. meant things like:

-Aircraft

-GSX

-Full FSUIPC funtionality to include things like mouse macros

-chaseplane.  (I really am not a fan of the camera system in MSFS)

-model matching for online flying like I have now