Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Cloud 9 landclass over FS Genesis landclass?

I have Justin's FS Genesis landclass product. Is it possible to put the Cloud 9 landclass over it or should one be removed before using the other? I didn't buy the Cloud 9 product yet, but the pics I'm seeing and the new fix I've heard about seem like I should give the product a try. What are the possible negative or positive effects? I like the greenery seen in the Cloud 9 product over the brown desert textures. Stan

Guest Neil Hill

Hi Stan,I suggest you put in the Cloud9 landclass along with Justins FS Genesis and only check in the scenery selection you want to show up (uncheck the other). That way, by selecting one or the other, you can see which you like better. I have both and am currently using the Cloud9 version along with UT's City landclass (part of the FSG/UT Cities "sandwich"). It works very well.

Great idea....why didn't I think of that? Thanks. Stan

Just to let you know...I bought Cloud 9 and absolutely love the way it looks. Assuming that the 101 version is the latest. I like the touches of GREEN from LAX to LAS. Much more realistic. How can they do that for $10...and the files aren't that large. I don't get it. There's a big, big hole next to the City of LA in which there's a Baseball Diamond. Looks like it's 200 feet deep. I'd hate to go to a ball game there. Everything else along the trip to the Vegas Strip, though, looked pretty good. Thanks again. Stanps. when I went to the Scenery Library in FSX, FSGenesis wasn't named anywhere, so I just took out the 0202 (008008 to 011010) FS Genesis references under Scenery in FSX in Windows Explorer (saved them in another folder). I'm assuming they were working in FSX.

Hi Stan,You removed a significant portion of the 9.6m North America terrain mesh, not the landclass. I'd restore those files, and look for "fsglc_us.bgl" and move it to Addon Sceneryscenery. Then you can simply check or uncheck the Cloud9 entry in Scenery Library to switch back and forth.-------Justinhttp://www.fsgenesis.netHigh Quality Scenery for FS200x

Justin - Toposim

http://www.toposim.net

Guest PPSFA

Genesis has FSX landclass ready? I knew the mesh was done but landclass is too?

FSG has had a US landclass product for more than three years.FS9 landclass works as well in FSX, since that part of the terrain engine hasn't really changed. There are a few new classes in FSX, and some adjusted classes, but landclass will work just as well in both versions.Go to http://www.fsgenesis.com and click the US Landclass link. It's in version 1.12 at the moment, with another update coming before Christmas.-------Justinhttp://www.fsgenesis.netHigh Quality Scenery for FS200x

Justin - Toposim

Guest PPSFA

Tks Justin, I knew you had it for FS9, I didnt realize it worked in FSx also,...on my way now to load it :-)

IIUC, the Cloud9 product includes a revised seasons.bgl in addition to landclass. I assume they reduced the amount of "winter" season to get rid of some of the "desertification". It sounded like maybe they accidiently got rid of too much "hard winter" (snow) as well but I think they either fixed that in ver 1.1 or they are going to fix it.I don't have the product so I'm just guessing, but even if you prefer to go with the FSG US landclass, you might want to keep the cloud9 seasons file (if I'm right that it even exists!).scott s..

>IIUC, the Cloud9 product includes a revised seasons.bgl in>addition to landclass. I assume they reduced the amount of>"winter" season to get rid of some of the "desertification". >It sounded like maybe they accidiently got rid of too much>"hard winter" (snow) as well but I think they either fixed>that in ver 1.1 or they are going to fix it.That was one of the main improvements of the 1.01 version that has been released this Friday. We tried to use a more scientific approach to the problem so, for the "green" effect, it's there depending on a database of real world precipitation data. Same for snow, having or not Hard Winter is now tied to another database of real world snowfalls, on a month by month basis.

Justin,Are you at liberty to say what the new update will contain? Looking forward to it.Thanks,

Ken

HI Ken,Further tweaks based on user feedback found in the FSG BugTracker, further cleaning up of any remaining resampling artifacts, and some solution or workaround for the "ubiquitous desert" problem in the western prairies, though I'm not yet certain which strategy will be the best way to deal with it. And, of course, a true FSX installer option.And I'm also working on a new concept for depicting terrain textures above the treeline to be introduced in future versions.-------Justinhttp://www.fsgenesis.netHigh Quality Scenery for FS200x

Justin - Toposim

Justin,Thanks for the advice. I'll do it immediately. However, I DID leave the main 0202 folder under SCENERY. I just moved the 0202us files that had Scenery designated FSGdem0202 us... I was wondering why I didn't see the mesh in the Scenery folder. Stan

Justin,Thanks again. The explanation you give is now very clear to me. I will always use your products. Count me in as a satisfied customer. I have restored all the files for North American Terrain Mesh to FSX (put them back where they were). Tell, me can these files co-exist "accurately" with the new Cloud 9 product? Do they clash in any way? Stan