Sign in to follow this  
thepilot

Orbx TrueEarth Florida FPS/VRAM Usage?

Looking out of my window I see nothing but a winter wonderland, which makes me long for some greener pastures in the simulator. 😅

Seeing that Orbx has a sale right now I am considering getting TE Florida, however I am a little concerned about VRAM (and FPS) since it would be my first addon from the series. I have an 8 GB card and so far haven't had any problems with running out of VRAM, even at major airports within the "regular" Orbx areas (e.g. FB SFO and NorCal). Should I be fine in that case? Right now I don't plan on using additional addon airports in this area. Thanks!

Edited by thepilot

I have it.  Haven't paid much attention to the vram.  It is for sure somewhat harder on FPS.  I lock at 30 as always and find it manageable though.  

• Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I own it and tested it. With PMDG LatinVFR KMIA it is manageable to keep VRAM around 5 to 6 gb with moderate settings. Especially texture size at or below 2048 and 4k screen. 

Marcu

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, thepilot said:

Looking out of my window I see nothing but a winter wonderland, which makes me long for some greener pastures in the simulator. 😅

Are you looking for 'greener' ? Well any Orbx True Earth region works for you. All product shows Summer Imagery only. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, polosim said:

Are you looking for 'greener' ? Well any Orbx True Earth region works for you. All product shows Summer Imagery only. 

Almost all TE products. TE Netherlands has 4 seasons. Small addition. 

😉

Marcus

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Thanks, that sounds promising enough! Will report back from Key West. 😆

5 hours ago, polosim said:

It should be naturally green – and warm – at this time of the year. 😆 Hence the other TEs do not appeal to me as much.

Edited by thepilot

In my experience, TE FL is very nice and not too bad on VRAM.  I have an 8gb card and I run at 1080p with medium texture resolution (1024) and I hover around 4-5gb usage.  I have also used LatinVFR KFLL and KMIA.  FLL seems harder on the VRAM than KMIA.  I can run PMDG NGxu, but NOT the MV KA350i which exceeds my VRAM every time in Florida.  Without the LVFR addons, it's more manageable.

HTH,

sg

• Upvote 1

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Installed it this morning and I am thoroughly impressed so far. Actually regret a little bit that I didn't pick this up earlier. No problems with FPS or VRAM. Tested with the TFDi 717 which is my worst VRAM eater. So I am ready for some Delta 717 ATL-Florida flights. 😎

Edited by thepilot
  • Like 1