Sign in to follow this  
fakeflyer737

Mouse for Drone Camera

22 hours ago, Jcannon said:

I also have no AXIS Y available, only AXIS Y- and AXIS Y+, I wonder if the issue is with the mouse, which mine is a corsair.

I actually managed to fix this by allocating the Drone Up (not too sure of exact wording of the option as not at fs machine) to the AXIS-Y+ and the Drone Down to the AXIS Y-,. So unlike the yaw being allocated on a single mouse axis, the pitch requires allocating on two axis.

Came to this thread on a search and... still doesnt work for me. When I bind to the Y+ axis, the view continuously pitches up. I'm trying to basically replicated the behaviour of what we had in chase plane- where you hold down a button and then can pan using a mouse movement. IMHO, microsquash still screwed this up in MSFS 2020.

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

On 2/1/2021 at 7:35 PM, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

The other seemingly little known fact is once in drone mode you can regain control of the aircraft by pressing "C" .

That's a great tip Glenn. Just to add to amplify that a little, "C" acts as a toggle switch so you can switch from drone control to aircraft control and back to drone control as many times as you wish.  

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

I would love to be able to pan around with the drone cam using strictly my mouse and keyboard, just like I did in X-Plane. Is it possible to set it to work like that by using the arrow keys on my keyboard + mouse?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Another small tip for the drone cam is to set RESET ROLL to the same button used to switch to drone camera. This way you get a nice level horizon immediately upon switching to the drone.

On 3/22/2022 at 4:10 PM, bjratchf said:

Came to this thread on a search and... still doesnt work for me. When I bind to the Y+ axis, the view continuously pitches up. I'm trying to basically replicated the behaviour of what we had in chase plane- where you hold down a button and then can pan using a mouse movement. IMHO, microsquash still screwed this up in MSFS 2020.

This is not possible, mousebutton+movement. You can however use mouse movement only, which is a bit twitchy but works. So when binding the key you just move the mouse accordingly (can be pretty hard to hit the right movement during the binding process, but eventually it will work)