Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fakeflyer737

Mouse for Drone Camera

So I am trying to figure how to bind my mouse (right-click hold) and move it around in the drone camera so I dont have to use the keyboard

Do I need to delete the key bindings for this in order to map it with my mouse?

I am having a hell of time figuring it out.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Hello Ron, I don't know how to use the mouse for the drone, but I'm just  wondering whether it is generally known, that the yoke and all the switches and buttons on it (Saitek in my case and yes the same one that I'm using to fly the plane), can in fact be used to control the drone.

I'm guessing that the reason this works is that the drone is a separate function, that is activated after pausing the plane.  Hence, all the axes, switches and buttons on the yoke for the plane can be "doubled up" for the drone.

So in my case, I use the yoke axes for drone yaw and pitch, the hat switch for front back left right translations, one flip switch for up down translation, one flip switch for increase decrease speed of translation, another flip switch for speed of drone rotation.

Seems to work very well for me.  I don't have an Xbox controller.

2 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

The other seemingly little known fact is once in drone mode you can regain control of the aircraft by pressing "C" .

That's handy Glenn, thanks for pointing this out.

There are so many key bindings and key combinations that some are easy to miss.  I really need to print them out and highlight the ones I use (there are dozens that I will probably never use).

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Best control for Drone is X box type game controller. Around $25 on Amazon for a decent one. 

spacer.png

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

3 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Best control for Drone is X box type game controller. Around $25 on Amazon for a decent one. 

Yep!

Otherwise I bind all my drone stuff to my controllers.  When I'm doing drone views I'm typically paused.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I was going to make the very same comment.  The best purchase (by far) which has proved invaluable in the drone mode.

sorry if this is old, but i recently got my mouse to control the drone cameras rotation and it's a game changer. no need for a controller

13 hours ago, dresoccer4 said:

sorry if this is old, but i recently got my mouse to control the drone cameras rotation and it's a game changer. no need for a controller

Any chance of a description of how you managed it? 

Ta! 

4 hours ago, garydpoole said:

Any chance of a description of how you managed it? 

Ta! 

yep! 

so go into control settings and over to mouse. assign the following settings:

1) Cockpit camera -> drone camera -> drone yaw axis -> AXIS X (reverse axis)

2) Cockpit camera -> drone camera -> drone pitch axis -> AXIS Y

That's it! Now when you're in drone camera simply move your mouse around and the drone camera follows it. I usually increase the drone camera sensitivity each playthrough so it's a little easier to move. Let me know if there's any questions,

1 hour ago, dresoccer4 said:

yep! 

That's it! Now when you're in drone camera simply move your mouse around and the drone camera follows it. I usually increase the drone camera sensitivity each playthrough so it's a little easier to move. Let me know if there's any questions,

Excellent - many thanks. Won't be able to try it tonight, but will give it a go as soon as and report back. 

Looking to purchase Pyreegue's Edinburgh which is just crying out to be explored with the drone camera !

Regards

On 2/1/2021 at 7:35 AM, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

The other seemingly little known fact is once in drone mode you can regain control of the aircraft by pressing "C" .

Thx, good to know!

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

On 9/12/2021 at 4:48 PM, dresoccer4 said:

yep! 

Well, a modicum of success - no problems setting up the drone yaw axis using AXIS X. But for some reason, I have no AXIS Y option, I only have AXIS Y+ and AXIS Y- , meaning that I can only control the pitch in one direction depending upon which one I select. 

Any thoughts ?

Regards

On 9/13/2021 at 9:51 PM, garydpoole said:

Well, a modicum of success - no problems setting up the drone yaw axis using AXIS X. But for some reason, I have no AXIS Y option, I only have AXIS Y+ and AXIS Y- , meaning that I can only control the pitch in one direction depending upon which one I select. 

Any thoughts ?

Regards

I also have no AXIS Y available, only AXIS Y- and AXIS Y+, I wonder if the issue is with the mouse, which mine is a corsair.

Jack Cannon

I have an old but working joystick.  Is it possible to connect 2 sticks to msfs and bind the second stick to the drone?  I'm sure I've asked this before but he didn't get an answer or or couldn't find the answer.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.