Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

FSDREAMTEAM - LFEQ QUIBERON Released

This looks cool.

There's a freeware mod available, so it will be interesting how well it sells.

• Like 3

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

An interesting choice given the trace of FSDT. But it looks good, I'm thinking about getting it.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

omg, this sim is going to be so frigging epic!! Look at this! I love it!

• Like 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Watched the video, bought it.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

I do like flying in France and have quite a few payware local airports including Cholet LFOU and Brindas LFKL so adding this to my collection is a no brainer. Especially at $9.99 .

By co-incidence my most recent flight was in France, a one hour soiree with live weather in the M20 Mooney from payware LFKL Brindas to default Courchevel LFLJ.   Ironically the Brindas fence skimming take-off was more hair raising then the landing at Courchevel which was tame by comparison, though snow did make that sloping runway "interesting" in terms of spotting the threshold  😄

The animated beach Volley ball looks pretty cool, I would probably get it just for that.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 2

I like to see Umberto add some skydiving & parachute jumping. 😀

16 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I like to see Umberto add some skydiving & parachute jumping. 😀

We obviously thought about that but, the issue is:

- Displaying a convincing parachute folding down after landing would require cloth simulation, which in turn require morph targets, which are not currently supported by the MSFS SDK ( we don't know if it's a limitation of the engine or the SDK )

- Displaying a parachute folded down using other methods would look bad

- Having the parachute disappear on touch down would also look bad or, at least, incomplete.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, virtuali said:

We obviously thought about that but, the issue is:

- Displaying a convincing parachute folding down after landing would require cloth simulation, which in turn require morph targets, which are not currently supported by the MSFS SDK ( we don't know if it's a limitation of the engine or the SDK )

- Displaying a parachute folded down using other methods would look bad

- Having the parachute disappear on touch down would also look bad or, at least, incomplete.

Thanks for the info. What about the paragliding that you added in Hawaii? That was cool too!

2 hours ago, DJJose said:

What about the paragliding that you added in Hawaii? That was cool too!

Yes, in 2010...we'd expect to do much better than that now.

That's the main thing we are discussing about the new GSX for MSFS, we'll have to improve many objects and animation again, even compared to our previous P3D PBR standard, which was already good, but still not enough and not the best MSFS can do.

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, virtuali said:

Yes, in 2010...we'd expect to do much better than that now.

That's the main thing we are discussing about the new GSX for MSFS, we'll have to improve many objects and animation again, even compared to our previous P3D PBR standard, which was already good, but still not enough and not the best MSFS can do.

Eagerly waiting. I hope you will learn your drivers to stay clear of the taxi lines.😉

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

12 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

I do like flying in France and have quite a few payware local airports including Cholet LFOU and Brindas LFKL so adding this to my collection is a no brainer. Especially at $9.99

I'm using the Brindas LFKL freeware version, very well done. This version also includes a bonus landmark (Chateau D'Eau De Chaponost), available here:

https://flightsim.to/file/5241/lfkl-brindas

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

2 minutes ago, edpatino said:

I'm using the Brindas LFKL freeware version, very well done. This version also includes a bonus landmark (Chateau D'Eau De Chaponost), available here:

Cheers, Ed

There are some more beautiful France airfields available at flightsim.to such as these:

jMyy077.png

MOhivbg.png

KRdBBP8.png

iSkznHX.png

Jose

1 hour ago, edpatino said:

Cheers, Ed

Interesting. Comparing the two Brindas ...

• one is free the other is $US5.00 (cup of coffee basically)
  • the freeware is a port of an FSX airport by Rhône Alpes Simulation
  • the payware is a new one by by Red Wing who among other things are working on a Super Constellation
  • the main buildings are very similar between versions and match the real ones in google maps
  • the payware textures are better, they have custom textures for the parking and the buildings look more like the run down real life ones
  • the payware one seems to have added a small control tower that is either very new or actually does not exist
  • the payware has cows lots of people and balloons both at the airfield and over the town and a lot of customised features,  it feels very populated
  • the freeware one has the "Chateau D'Eau De Chaponost"
  • the payware dev has indicated they will be adding animated features

I will flip between both for a bit, but I think the payware Brindas for me is worth the extra money in particular the cows add a lot to the realism of the fields and the parking apron does not have that default MSFS cartoon painted look, however the control tower is a little odd, be interesting to know if it actually exists, I will edit it out if it does not.

Which is sort of off-topic LFEQ QUIBERON looks fantastic I am definitely getting it.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick