Sign in to follow this  
IanHarrison

Plane "stuck in the mud".

A very weird problem has just started presenting itself and I cannot relate it to any change  to my system.

Briefly, I load my PMDG 744 at the stand or gate, makes no difference which or which airport, and using GSX and FS2crew go through all the steps to closing the doors and being pushed back.

Once the tug is disconnected and I am cleared by the wing walker, I do the before taxi checks, then release the parking brakes.

The plane then refuses to move, even on full power. The brakes are off, the chocks are removed.

If I reload with another (stock) plane and then reload my  744, I have to go through all the setup again ,including FMC, which is a pain but then the planes moves as it ought.

For the life of me I cannot work out which update or program is causing this.

I have Chase plane and Immersion running as well but turning any of these off doesn't make a difference.

Has anyone seen this before and more importantly know the resolution? Logically it is related to some update, as it did not happen till about 2 weeks ago. 

But which, Windows or a program, I don't know.

I am running P3D4.5 HF3. And Windows 1909 with all updates except the feature updates.

Ian

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

Did you look in the PMDG setup to see if there is a maintenance issue? Last time this happened to me (NGXu), I had to service the brakes. Could be a tire issue as well.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

1 hour ago, MDFlier said:

Did you look in the PMDG setup to see if there is a maintenance issue? Last time this happened to me (NGXu), I had to service the brakes. Could be a tire issue as well.

I checked but I don't have service failures ticked and no failures were shown as active. Just to be sure I clicked the clear button on all the brakes fail systems.

Will check later if it is better.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

7 minutes ago, IanHarrison said:

I checked but I don't have service failures ticked and no failures were shown as active. Just to be sure I clicked the clear button on all the brakes fail systems.

Will check later if it is better.

Check FSUIPC if you use it as well...  Sometimes I have to recalibrate my brakes for some reason when I get the same behavior you are describing.  

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

My brakes run off the joystick. So no calibration through FSUIPC.

I'd guess this is a corrupted panel state - I get this all the time.  If you loaded from a panel state, delete that and create a new one.  

For instance; for cold and dark, reload the aircraft and then shut everything down, save that panel state.  Or you could attach ground power and save that, etc. etc.

Hope this helps,

Daniel

3 hours ago, IanHarrison said:

A very weird problem has just started presenting itself and I cannot relate it to any change  to my system.

Briefly, I load my PMDG 744 at the stand or gate, makes no difference which or which airport, and using GSX and FS2crew go through all the steps to closing the doors and being pushed back.

Once the tug is disconnected and I am cleared by the wing walker, I do the before taxi checks, then release the parking brakes.

The plane then refuses to move, even on full power. The brakes are off, the chocks are removed.

If I reload with another (stock) plane and then reload my  744, I have to go through all the setup again ,including FMC, which is a pain but then the planes moves as it ought.

For the life of me I cannot work out which update or program is causing this.

I have Chase plane and Immersion running as well but turning any of these off doesn't make a difference.

Has anyone seen this before and more importantly know the resolution? Logically it is related to some update, as it did not happen till about 2 weeks ago. 

But which, Windows or a program, I don't know.

I am running P3D4.5 HF3. And Windows 1909 with all updates except the feature updates.

Ian

I had this happen on a 2nd leg of a flight using the PMDG 748. Pushed back with GSX, disconnected the tug and then the plane would not move at all. No maintenance faults,  etc... I think it is a GSX bug whereby the sim still thinks you're connected to the tug. I fixed it that time by shutting down the computer and saying to h### with it.

• Like 2

Eric 

56 minutes ago, B777ER said:

I had this happen on a 2nd leg of a flight using the PMDG 748. Pushed back with GSX, disconnected the tug and then the plane would not move at all. No maintenance faults,  etc... I think it is a GSX bug whereby the sim still thinks you're connected to the tug. I fixed it that time by shutting down the computer and saying to h### with it.

If this happens with GSX I would suggest restarting Couatl from the dropdown Addons menu, Couatl settings-Restart Couatl. That has worked for me on the rare occasion that this happens.

Rashid Yacine

4 hours ago, DAH4062 said:

If this happens with GSX I would suggest restarting Couatl from the dropdown Addons menu, Couatl settings-Restart Couatl. That has worked for me on the rare occasion that this happens.

Yes, I did try that to no avail. Asking Umberto about it and you get the "it's impossible it's Coualt or GSX fault" line every time so I don't even bother trying anymore with FSDT. 

Eric 

I've seen this happen occasionally as well; a Coatl restart/reset then allowed me to taxi.  Not for several months now; Not with a PMDG AC but I never documented the cases to try to understand exactly where the fault was.

Hans Soule

7 hours ago, B777ER said:

Just in case, are you sure that GSX wasn't waiting for you to acknowledge the correct starting of the engines? This happened to me the first time this function was implemented.

Richard.

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

7 minutes ago, DrumsArt said:

Just in case, are you sure that GSX wasn't waiting for you to acknowledge the correct starting of the engines? This happened to me the first time this function was implemented.

Richard.

All engines running and I have the confirm start up disabled. In fact,  the tug and person had left.

Eric 

After much hair pulling (please note  "singular"), I decided that it had to do with the application of brakes.

I searched the instruction manual for Options in FS2Crew and found there is a setting which lets you turn off FS2Crew's action of shutting the doors (which then triggers a brake release notification to GSX but does NOT visually release the handbrake lever in the cockpit).

I did a very quick run through from cold and dark to push back doing the doors and brakes/chocks myself and I had no problems, the plane moved as normal.

Whether there was a subtle change to either of the GSX or FS2Crew programs, I wouldn't know. I will fully test later to see if this is a proper work around.

Ian

2 hours ago, IanHarrison said:

After much hair pulling (please note  "singular"), I decided that it had to do with the application of brakes.

I searched the instruction manual for Options in FS2Crew and found there is a setting which lets you turn off FS2Crew's action of shutting the doors (which then triggers a brake release notification to GSX but does NOT visually release the handbrake lever in the cockpit).

I did a very quick run through from cold and dark to push back doing the doors and brakes/chocks myself and I had no problems, the plane moved as normal.

Whether there was a subtle change to either of the GSX or FS2Crew programs, I wouldn't know. I will fully test later to see if this is a proper work around.

Ian

Likely not the issue. I don't have FSCrew and have seen this issue.

• Like 1

Eric 

15 hours ago, B777ER said:

Likely not the issue. I don't have FSCrew and have seen this issue.

Unfortunately you were right. 😕