Sign in to follow this  
Nik_LSZH

Airport data in P3Dv5, e.g. ROAH / Naha?

Hello,

I'm still on an older version of P3D and read mixed feedback about the updated airport data in P3Dv5, mainly lacking gates etc., at release data.

How is the situation today? Does anyone know which date the airport data is based on in P3Dv5, e.g. does ROAH / Naha already feature RWY 36L/18R?

Many thanks for a short feedback!

I just pulled the default P3Dv5 ROAH into ADE and only see the one runway.  As expected, there are only nine gates at the terminal and they are numbered 1-9 and bear no resemblance to the Jepp parking diagram.

In most cases, ramp parking is poorly done but airport layout (location of runway, taxi and aprons) is fairly accurate.  The changes I notice the most, being used to default parking mess, are that in v5 the airport elevations are more accurate, locations of navaids (LOC, GS, beacons) is very accurate, and runway numbering is current as of about 2018.

When I update a location I usually have to modify parking (I use the Jepps and Google Earth) and do very little else, compared to the lengthy changes I had to make in v4 and earlier.  This is the first case I've seen where a runway is missing.  Interesting.

When was the 36L/18R put into service?

• Like 1

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks a lot for having a look and the information, so I know better what to expect when I upgrade.

36L/18R at ROAH opened in late March 2020. It's not included in MSFS2020 either, so far only X-Plane.

Edited by Nik_LSZH

43 minutes ago, Nik_LSZH said:

Thanks a lot for having a look and the information, so I know better what to expect when I upgrade.

36L/18R at ROAH opened in late March 2020. It's not included in MSFS2020 either, so far only X-Plane.

Okay that makes sense.... it is still under construction in the latest Google Earth view I've got.

Dan Downs KCRP

Does anyone have a mod for GSX and to add the new runway to Technobrain? Have it but it is default scenery 😞

Thanks

I have made a very rough (you'll even need to taxi though a fence) ADE runway extension on Technobrain's one but not sure if I were allow to distribute it.

• Like 1

On 2/18/2021 at 2:38 PM, Nik_LSZH said:

I'm still on an older version of P3D and read mixed feedback about the updated airport data in P3Dv5, mainly lacking gates etc., at release data.

That was a major gripe for me and I posted about it on the LM forum. But whilst they read all posts they rarely reply.

What they have done with v5 is to enhance the coastlines making addons like UTX Europe, North America and Caribbean unnecessary. The whole world has been updated so flying in default Japan to South Korea I see the same quality scenery as I do in Europe.

With the enhancements they’ve made to using multiple processors v5 is well worth the money. It’s far better than v4. The lack of parking positions is frustrating but that may well be fixed with another point update.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

9 hours ago, C2615 said:

I have made a very rough (you'll even need to taxi though a fence) ADE runway extension on Technobrain's one but not sure if I were allow to distribute it.

Ah that's a pity