Sign in to follow this  
Kilo60

LVFR AREX vs GSX....?

Just saw an AD for LVFR  AREX North America for MSFS and although it only covers NA Airports can anyone who has it advise how it compares to FSDT GSX in P3D?

Longtime user of GSX for P3D and was waiting for FSDT to release a MSFS version...

It's one of those "Must have mods for me"!

Chris Camp

They're supposed to compliment each other.  I believe the AREX is about adding North American airline logos to the default airport vehicles.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I wouldn't say it compliments anything.  This is just a stand alone product.  GSX isn't released yet.  This looks more like a stop gap until GSX is released.  GSX in its full form puts airline logos on the vehicles.

Edited by Jeff Nielsen

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

32 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

They're supposed to compliment each other.  I believe the AREX is about adding North American airline logos to the default airport vehicles.

Partly accurate, they can compliment each other. However, we don't just put logos on default vehicles, we have our own customized vehicles. So all stock vehicles for North America are replaced and put in accurate textures for the region.

22 minutes ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

I wouldn't say it compliments anything.  This is just a stand alone product.  GSX isn't released yet.  This looks more like a stop gap until GSX is released.  GSX in its full form puts airline logos on the vehicles.

GSX is an animal of its own, its in depth way of doing ground services won't be ever surpassed by AREX, ever. So that isn't our intention. With AREX you get customized airline/catering on all gates of an airport, with GSX its just your gate/aircraft, but it uses the default way of doing services/animations, in its current form, not personalized as GSX.

Aside from the fact that we replace the entire airport vehicle animations, replacing them with regional looking types. So that's additional, GSX at least for FSX/P3d did not do that.

Edited by DanMorera
  • Like 1

Hello all,

I think I know where the confusion comes about us only replacing textures on the default vehicles. Just saw the Frooglesim video where he said that we only replace textures, he was referring to the fselite exclusive news, but it was inaccurate, we do replace the custom vehicle models and textures. So perhaps that's why the confusion exists.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, LVFRicardo said:

Partly accurate, they can compliment each other. However, we don't just put logos on default vehicles, we have our own customized vehicles. So all stock vehicles for North America are replaced and put in accurate textures for the region.

GSX is an animal of its own, its in depth way of doing ground services won't be ever surpassed by AREX, ever. So that isn't our intention. With AREX you get customized airline/catering on all gates of an airport, with GSX its just your gate/aircraft, but it uses the default way of doing services/animations, in its current form, not personalized as GSX.

Aside from the fact that we replace the entire airport vehicle animations, replacing them with regional looking types. So that's additional, GSX at least for FSX/P3d did not do that.

GSX also placed airline specific logos on the vehicles.  They only stopped doing that because they were switching to DX12 textures, if I remember correctly.  The logos were specific to the airline's code for that gate, I believe, as well. That also applied to the catering vehicles (to some degree).

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

27 minutes ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

GSX also placed airline specific logos on the vehicles.  They only stopped doing that because they were switching to DX12 textures, if I remember correctly.  The logos were specific to the airline's code for that gate, I believe, as well. That also applied to the catering vehicles (to some degree).

Actually what I meant is that AREX will inject custom models/textures on all gates, not just the user gate even the one with AI traffic or that is vacant.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LVFRicardo said:

Actually what I meant is that AREX will inject custom models/textures on all gates, not just the user gate even the one with AI traffic or that is vacant.

I heard that you can only pick one livery at a time for all NA airports?

If so does that mean the whole airport only has Delta liveries for instance...?

Chris Camp

6 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

I heard that you can only pick one livery at a time for all NA airports?

If so does that mean the whole airport only has Delta liveries for instance...?

That's correct. We are looking into asking ASOBO if they can help us change that to be more gate/airport specific in the future within the SDK.

Initially when you install AREX, you get random Airport Handling companies: Swissport, ASIG, Menzies, but you can select from 9 airlines. For catering is random and for fuel too.

We only added airlines after some beta testers said it would have been great as an option. For the MS marketplace, it will only have random airport handling companies, not airlines.

Edited by DanMorera

On 2/19/2021 at 6:40 PM, LVFRicardo said:

That's correct. We are looking into asking ASOBO if they can help us change that to be more gate/airport specific in the future within the SDK.

Initially when you install AREX, you get random Airport Handling companies: Swissport, ASIG, Menzies, but you can select from 9 airlines. For catering is random and for fuel too.

We only added airlines after some beta testers said it would have been great as an option. For the MS marketplace, it will only have random airport handling companies, not airlines.

I have the direct version and it works great!  Thank you!

On 2/20/2021 at 2:40 AM, LVFRicardo said:

For the MS marketplace, it will only have random airport handling companies, not airlines.

Interesting. Is this due to licensing issues?

40 minutes ago, steve310002 said:

Interesting. Is this due to licensing issues?

You need to change the skins manually in the Contrail launcher. I imagine it's not possible to have a selection in the marketplace version.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

You need to change the skins manually in the Contrail launcher. I imagine it's not possible to have a selection in the marketplace version.

That's right. We will be looking into ways this can be possible in the future, but on its release it will not have airlines, since we can't do this with a product inside the marketplace. Thanks!

Oh a cool a custom model for the small pushback as well? It can't seem to figure out how to get to my plane though.

qxeASzM.png

Edited by Tuskin38

Hi, yes it works exactly the same way the default General aviation push back worked, so calling for pushback should work, the only difference is we removed the ramp agent standing next to it, did not look realistic.

Edited by DanMorera
  • Upvote 1