Sign in to follow this  
scianoir

Just Flight 50% off weekend sale

5 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

Again throwing VR(Flyinside) on top of the memory usage limited FSX really started to bog things down and OOM some of my experiences, but I have some amazing times in the old sim still with VR.

You’re welcome Lou.

I don’t have a VR setup but my system specifications are a couple of generations earlier than yours so I consider myself lucky to even have a stable FSX!! When I am eventually forced to replace my rig, I will probably install MSFS but, like you, I will also continue to use FSX (or FSX-SE) to avoid having to repurchase too many of the add-ons which I really like.

Enjoy your new aircraft!

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blueshark747 said:

Do you have any experience with the iFly or PDMG 747 regarding VAS?

This is actually one of the best things about the PMDG FSX 747, they did a remarkable job on it in terms of performance, it runs absolutely brilliantly in FSX.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

8 minutes ago, Chock said:

This is actually one of the best things about the PMDG FSX 747, they did a remarkable job on it in terms of performance, it runs absolutely brilliantly in FSX.

Wow I figured the complex avionic systems came with a pretty big performance tax. 

That is great to know especially since it has the better looking cockpit textures of the 3 imo.

Thanks!🍻

Lou

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

I'll admit I was surprised too when I first got it back when it came out. PMDG sometimes come in for a bit of stick, but credit where it is due, they did a fab job of getting their 747 to run on FSX without making it struggle.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Does anyone know if the DC-8 works in P3D V4.5? 

I do like Just flight but with the conversion rate for the Aussie dollar being what they are I don't see

the value in a lot of their newer add-ons after splashing out and getting the Archer, which looked just like the

old Flying club add-ons they had for fsx

Thanks Bill, for the reminder about VAS footprint.  When running the demo's I did notice a mild loss in performance (FSX/A at KEDW).  Still, hard to resist not buying the old, iconic British fighters, not to mention the Mosquito.  

1 hour ago, kttd said:

Thanks Bill, for the reminder about VAS footprint.  When running the demo's I did notice a mild loss in performance (FSX/A at KEDW).  Still, hard to resist not buying the old, iconic British fighters, not to mention the Mosquito.  

Yes, I've been unable to resist and over the years have bought most of them! Just for information, the Hunter, Meteor, Mosquito, DC-6 and C-46 actually all have pretty low VAS footprints and the DC-8 and Canberra have moderate levels of VAS usage. Although the Otter has a fairly high VAS footprint it is very nice and can be used in FSX with care (as is the case with any of the more resource intensive aircraft add-ons).

Bill