Sign in to follow this  
STUART_H

Default Drone zoom level?

Does anyone know if there is a way to set the default zoom level for the drone camera, to avoid having to reset it every time?   Whenever I start the sim it seems to default to 50%, even though I prefer and had previously changed it, via the top drop down menu, to 60%, which for me looks more natural.

• Upvote 1

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Same, also would like to know about other settings as the drone zoom. I wish these settings would "stick" instead of resetting to their defaults. It's a pain to constantly having to adjust these camera settings.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

44 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Same, also would like to know about other settings as the drone zoom. I wish these settings would "stick" instead of resetting to their defaults. It's a pain to constantly having to adjust these camera settings.

Just add to the pile of half done word not allowed in this Sim. I am an ardent supporter of MS getting back in the business, but I wish they released this as an early access app. I think I would have been more accepting of its shortcomings.

Still I realize that MSFS is undoubtedly the future standard of home flight simulation. I know it will get better but right now its just not ready for prime time. 

Sim just crashed for no obvious reason.

Robin

Isn't the 70 setting the most natural one, i.e., closer to zoom=1?

Did anyone find a way to make a value other than 50 the default one?

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

I have spent so much time trying to figure out how to make FOV/zoom work consistently using just the sim options settings, but unless I am missing something it isn't possible.

The best way I found is to edit the camera.cfg for every aircraft so that InitialZoom = 0.35 for all cockpit views. These are usually labeled "Pilot", "CoPilot" and "Quickview". It's a tedious bit of work and remember that the files get overwritten with sim updates. Make a backup so that you won't have to do it again later.

With InitialZoom = 0.35 the default cockpit zoom (50) seems to correspond with the 0.70 Field of View setting from FSX. It is also the setting in most default aircraft.

The external and drone cams appear to be unaffected by what is in camera.cfg. With the above settings, zooming the external/drone camera to 64-65 gives me a picture that looks consistent with what I am seeing from the cockpit. Unfortunately there is no Option to set this permanently.

Angry rant: whoever thought it was a good idea to have different zoom settings between aircraft or even within a single aircraft??? Why should things look bigger or smaller when I am in a 172 vs a 747? Or looking forward vs out of the left window? I don't get it. Please just have 1 zoom value for everything and let the user adjust fov using a slider in the sim options.

• Like 1

Undercarriage lever a bit sticky was it, Sir?