Hi I am looking to update my pc to run the new Microsoft  flight Sim 2020 lookin for some suggestions for a cpu and gpu that will run it well have an Intel 8400 in mind heard over clocks well and idk yet about a gpu some help and suggestions please thanks 

4 minutes ago, tekredsox said:

Hi I am looking to update my pc to run the new Microsoft  flight Sim 2020 lookin for some suggestions for a cpu and gpu that will run it well have an Intel 8400 in mind heard over clocks well and idk yet about a gpu some help and suggestions please thanks 

Need to know your budget.

Matt Wilson

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x + RTX3070 + 32GB + SSD

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

What's an 8400? a laptop cpu?
Never mind, there are no graphics cards in stock on this planet.

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

11 hours ago, filou said:

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x + RTX3070 + 32GB + SSD

This is a very good combo. It's difficult to get hold of these components individually, but I've seen them available in this exact configuration in prebuilds.

• Like 1

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

Samsung Has Troubles Restarting Texas Fab: Chip Shortages to Get Worse | Tom's Hardware

Getting hold of PC part may get harder and more expensive, I have been looking at more SSD storage time to buy I think before prices rocket, the Samsung 1TB M2 SSD PRO I purchased last year has already gone up buy £15.  

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

7 hours ago, Republic3D said:

This is a very good combo. It's difficult to get hold of these components individually, but I've seen them available in this exact configuration in prebuilds.

It will give you complete satisfaction in 1080p and 1440p without breaking the bank.

• Like 1

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

4 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

Samsung Has Troubles Restarting Texas Fab: Chip Shortages to Get Worse | Tom's Hardware

Getting hold of PC part may get harder and more expensive, I have been looking at more SSD storage time to buy I think before prices rocket, the Samsung 1TB M2 SSD PRO I purchased last year has already gone up buy £15.  

¡Ay, caramba!  Not good for the PC market and those of us looking to build a new one.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I just put an order in with Jetline Systems. They come highly regarded and will fine-tune your PC for MSFS before they even ship it. Im just waiting for them to get another batch of 3080's in before they can start my build. They said it would probably be about a month, two weeks ago. If you have the cash, I'd look into them. There's lifetime support with system. Not just for OS, etc... But support for the actual simulator. Give them a peak!

23 hours ago, Bdub22 said:

Im just waiting for them to get another batch of 3080's in before they can start my build

OOOh boy🤦‍♂️

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

On 3/5/2021 at 5:10 PM, Bdub22 said:

I just put an order in with Jetline Systems. They come highly regarded and will fine-tune your PC for MSFS before they even ship it. Im just waiting for them to get another batch of 3080's in before they can start my build. They said it would probably be about a month, two weeks ago. If you have the cash, I'd look into them. There's lifetime support with system. Not just for OS, etc... But support for the actual simulator. Give them a peak!

I second this.  I am currently on my 2nd system built by them and they have both been excellent.  My current system is getting a little long in the tooth, so I am starting to think about ordering another system from them.  Will prob wait until Intel the 12th generation Alder CPUs come out later this year.

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

System Specs: W11 Pro, Corsair 4000X Mid Tower, Z790 Aorus Master Motherboard, i9-13900KF, 64 GB DDR5 SRAM, RTX 4090, Dell AW3821DW Monitor, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, MFG Crosswind Pedals,TrackIR