Sign in to follow this  
cbreeze

JF Piper Arrow install

Greetings,

Can anyone please tell me if it makes a difference how you install this aircraft?  MSFS store or directly from Just Flight?  Thought I read somewhere that there was in terms of being able to access and tweak its files.  I am using download version of MSFS.

Thank you

Is the Just Flight Arrow on the MSFS Marketplace, or are you referring to the Carenado Arrow?

Any plane bought on the MSFS marketplace is encrypted and thus modifying of some things are next to impossible.

Edited by Phantoms

James

Yup, the difference is that there is no MS store version of it. At least not yet anyway. So that kind of answers the question. However, Just Flight did say that there is less likelihood of bundle discounts for the MS store version when it comes, since some of that is beyond the developer's control, and some official store stuff has its config files locked out, making tweaking more difficult.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I like direct from just flight and that is what I did. I like to be able to look at the files instead of them being encrypted and hidden like the Holy Grail. I am going to avoid buying anything from the store, if given the chance. 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Thank you all for responding. I must have missed the part about it not being available on MSFS now but will be available at some point in the future.

I definitely want this airplane.  I have a lot of time in the  actual aircraft.  Seeing  the videos and screen shots brought back a lot of great memories.  Just Flight did an amazing job capturing the look/character of the real airplane.  

45 minutes ago, cbreeze said:

Thank you all for responding. I must have missed the part about it not being available on MSFS now but will be available at some point in the future.

I definitely want this airplane.  I have a lot of time in the  actual aircraft.  Seeing  the videos and screen shots brought back a lot of great memories.  Just Flight did an amazing job capturing the look/character of the real airplane.  

I am flying right now from Long Island to Philadelphia. It is a great flying aircraft. I think this will be my go to for a long time. Wow, there is a ton of air traffic around the New York Area. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

16 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I am flying right now from Long Island to Philadelphia. It is a great flying aircraft. I think this will be my go to for a long time. Wow, there is a ton of air traffic around the New York Area. 

It also looks to be a plane JF are serious about maintaining and improving based on the changelist of fixes they hope to release this week.

5 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

It also looks to be a plane JF are serious about maintaining and improving based on the changelist of fixes they hope to release this week.

I agree. I don't think you will see many if any fixes for the other Arrow. 

3 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I agree. I don't think you will see many if any fixes for the other Arrow. 

I know other people feel differently (especially as it looks like the UK actually came off best in the regional pricing games with the Arrow for once) but for me this helps to explain the difference in the pricing of the two models.

Edited by Matchstick

2 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

I know other people feel differently (especially as it looks like the UK actually came off best in the regional pricing games with the Arrow for once) but for me this helps to explain the difference in the pricing of the two models.

I saw a video  of stalls in the Carenado, and I have practiced stalls in a Warrior 2 which has the same basic wing as the Arrow, and that is not the way a Arrow should stall. The JF stall is very  realistic. That convinced me which one to buy. 

Edited by Bobsk8