Can You Control the FS HABIT

Can You  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Can You

• Yes
    • No

15 hours ago, LHookins said:

I've been retired for 20 years. 😄 

That 6 hours per day doesn't include flight planning and everything else that goes along with a flight.  I do all my flight planning in skyvector.com and there's probably most of a half hour per flight involved.

I was shocked to see how many books I've read through Kindle Unlimited this year.  I don't want to try to estimate how many hours a day I spend reading.

As for addiction, I'm addicted to eating.  That's OK, I can quit any time. 😄

Hook

Food?  Man, I moved from Philly 6 years ago and the only thing I miss from there is the FOOD!  It's food paradise!

• Like 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

How well I remember Bookbinder's from way beck when. We lived in Manhattan then but at least once a month we'd drive down for dinner. Whenever friends from the west coast would visit, a stop at Bookbinder's was mandatory.  Who can ever forget Anthony Patalone's pampering? I miss is too.....Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

As for addiction, I'm addicted to eating.  That's OK, I can quit any time.

Me too, except I can't quit any time.

1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Food?  Man, I moved from Philly 6 years ago and the only thing I miss from there is the FOOD!  It's food paradise!

Agreed!  When I working for General Electric on the Minuteman III program I went on business trips to the GE Missiles and Space headquarters in Philly.  Lunches where they sliced off a slab of beef from a steamer roast.  And dinner a Bookbinder's.

A glutton's Nirvana.

Noel

Edited by birdguy

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

36 minutes ago, birdguy said:

Me too, except I can't quit any time.

Agreed!  When I working for General Electric on the Minuteman III program I went on business trips to the GE Missiles and Space headquarters in Philly.  Lunches where they sliced off a slab of beef from a steamer roast.  And dinner a Bookbinder's.

A glutton's Nirvana.

Noel

It truly is!  Best kept secret in the country!  I go back to visit, but it's really an eating vacation.... and a wonderful one it is!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

19 hours ago, birdguy said:

San Francisco 1950.

Noel

Class of ‘74 here. Just had to ask, because my brother, who was 20 years older than me, also went to SI on Stanyan St. @ 1952 and he was kicked out of there as well, finished up at Lowell, which back then was on Hayes just off Masonic.  Ha ha, small world 😆

I do a lot more browsing AVSIM than simulating flying! However, I've recently been playing with virtual trains (Train Simulator 20XX) and wishing I could resurrect my model railway.

Actually that my happen sooner than later as my daughter has moved out into her first house (rented) and taken her small animals with her (2 rabbits and a guinea pig) whose cages were precluding us from lowering the railway layout (British OO scale, working track but no scenery...) down from the wall for a good couple of years (think of it as a kind of wall mounted folding table affair).

I was going to have an HO scale layout (90's to present day USA, mainly Norfolk Southern stock) running around my attic, but the council put paid to that many years ago thanks to fitting more loft insulation on the half of the attic which I had not finished boarding up!

I wonder if there's anyone in my area I can run trains with when the world madness calms down? (They have their own layout, but one where I can take my toys round to play!).

I also recently discovered that my 450 size RC helicopter batteries still had a bit of power left in them (new charging lead on the way), my Futaba transmitter hadn't lost the settings, and a brief test hover in the car park proved that I'd still got some of the skills (shh.. don't tell the CAA!):ph34r:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)