Sign in to follow this  
bean_sprout

GOTY - MSFS?

Well, the game is in the Beta stage and not finished by far, possibly the best game in a couple of years.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

When I can invest the time to do a 16 hour endurance race with 70 other people, and not have to fight with 2 CTDs adding 1/2 hour to my time (even after restarting the sim completely every ~5 hours at a reful stop), then we can talk about GOTY.

Edited by marsman2020

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

I'm speaking about my experience with the sim which is great.  My best feature is immersion and a true to life flight experience despite the pile of bad reports that I seemed to have missed.

When I first flew New FSX sims I always said UGH.  With this sim I said WOW!.

Pretty pictures = immersion

Cheers

bs

Edited by bean_sprout
  • Like 2

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

19 minutes ago, bean_sprout said:

I'm speaking about my experience with the sim which is great.  My best feature is immersion and a true to life flight experience despite the pile of bad reports that I seemed to have missed.

When I first flew New FSX sims I always said UGH.  With this sim I said WOW!.

Pretty pictures = immersion

Cheers

bs

I'm much more interested in a stable program that can do long flights without CTDing and an accurate simulation of flight dynamics and avionics then "pretty pictures".

1 minute ago, marsman2020 said:

I'm much more interested in a stable program that can do long flights without CTDing and an accurate simulation of flight dynamics and avionics then "pretty pictures".

Very long stable flights here.   People need to grow up when it comes to CTD's.

Regards

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

37 minutes ago, bean_sprout said:

Very long stable flights here.   People need to grow up when it comes to CTD's.

Regards

bs

What exactly do you mean?  How am I supposed to "grow up" when I am trying to do endurance races (which by the rules require emptying the Community folder) and getting CTDs?  Ignore it and enjoy the pretty pictures?

Maybe you're the one who needs to 'grow up' and not insult people who have different experiences with the sim.

• Like 4

No wonder Microsoft never bother to actually fix anything, why bother when the bootlickers will call it GOTY regardless.

Edited by 2reds2whites

Exactly $$$

Cheers

bs

11 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I think that too many people have been transfixed by the pretty pictures. Whilst it seems to have some amazing graphics, I find it hard to understand how a game that (apparently) lacks so many features, and which (apparently) has so many bugs can possibly even be considered for an award like this.

Agreed. Even though I abandoned all the other platforms for it and I’m not sorry, they have a ton of work to do still. They need to fix all the amateurish bugs and are from from GOTY award.

• Like 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

1 hour ago, 2reds2whites said:

, why bother when the bootlickers will call it GOTY regardless

bootlickers - indeed

bs

Edited by bean_sprout

5 hours ago, Drumcode said:

Agreed. Even though I abandoned all the other platforms for it and I’m not sorry, they have a ton of work to do still. They need to fix all the amateurish bugs and are far from GOTY award.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Edited by Drumcode
double post?

Jacek G.

On 4/6/2021 at 2:09 AM, marsman2020 said:

What exactly do you mean?  How am I supposed to "grow up" when I am trying to do endurance races (which by the rules require emptying the Community folder) and getting CTDs?  Ignore it and enjoy the pretty pictures?

Maybe you're the one who needs to 'grow up' and not insult people who have different experiences with the sim.

I agree with you, I don't understand his comment. Operating airliners' MCDUs can still generate CTDs, while with the G1000 the CTD is almost guaranteed in case you try to set up an approach.

Maybe "grown up" people fly the liners in full manual mode, but that's not how these aircraft are operated in real life.  

• Like 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png