Sign in to follow this  
kelvinr

SpritelyNZStudio presents TrueNewZealand_v1.0

1 minute ago, bendead said:

I learned to fly at Ardmore, so I will definitely have a look, cheers

PS : By the way, is it for both, north and south island?

Nice, I did my training there, too. 

So this package is the entire country, North to South and everywhere in between. 

• Like 1

Have to say it looks beautiful (well NZ is beautiful so no surprises there).

I tried a flight NZNS-NZQN in the King Air 350i. Regrettably I had to uninstall it as my system stuttered and got severely blurred and eventually was unplayable. Never seen that before. I tried it again with default scenery and it was all back to normal.

I do have a pretty old machine right now so YMMV. Newer machines may be OK. Maybe I did something wrong? 

anyone else?

2 hours ago, rayharris108 said:

I tried a flight NZNS-NZQN in the King Air 350i. Regrettably I had to uninstall it as my system stuttered and got severely blurred and eventually was unplayable. Never seen that before. I tried it again with default scenery and it was all back to normal.

I do have a pretty old machine right now so YMMV. Newer machines may be OK. Maybe I did something wrong? 

anyone else?

Yes this scenery is not up to scratch i'm afraid. I've spent a few hours checking regions and all the lakes are covered with a green looking hard layer covered with trees where you should see crystal clear water. Even the water sounds are nil! there appears to be large inland canals where there should not be. It's hard on fps and blurry because of the landclass/waterclass mistakes. Thumbs down from me.

tpewpb-6.png

On 4/6/2021 at 4:51 PM, newtie said:

You are correct.

Downloader did not like Firefox :sad:

Explorer worked fine.

Cheers,

Mark

Hmm, just downloaded it with FireFox.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

The Hobbits shall be flown from Isengard to Mordor!

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, MSI VENTUS 3x OC RTX 3070 8 GB, 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz, 1 TB NVMe SSD, 1 TB HDD, Sharp 43" 4KTV

this is Peter Jackson's home...Wairarapa

peter-jackson-house-NZ.jpg

Off topic: Jackson and "Bilbo" during the filming Hobbit.

How-To-Visit-Peter-Jacksons-Middle-Earth

Sir Peter Jackson now, zounds, looks like he's been working out harder than the Asobo team...

peter-jackson-home-002.jpg

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

15 hours ago, rayharris108 said:

anyone else?

First I have to apologise to the developer of this scenery.

I had indeed fudged it up by not disabling another mod for NZ that I'd totally forgotten about.

Now I've disabled them and reenabled this scenery and it actually works rather well and is quite smooth>40fps at NZQN!

Just a couple of observations: there are some glitches in textures occasionally - e.g. in the lake near Queenstown as you turn south from RWY 23. Others appear to have found some too.

I think the tree density looks somewhat less than before, but maybe that's more realistic - still more exploration to do. Nothing else so far...

Sorry for misleading people though, this looks like a good attempt to improve NZ for free - and that can't b bad.

Ray

An additional comment - I am noticing intermittent drops in framerate and stuttering similar to what we saw before the last hotfix.  I see a drop in framerate to 13-15fps for 10 secs then it recovers to 35-40. All threads are impacted.

This might be something to look into at your scenery and airspace files...?

Ray

8 hours ago, rayharris108 said:

An additional comment - I am noticing intermittent drops in framerate and stuttering similar to what we saw before the last hotfix.  I see a drop in framerate to 13-15fps for 10 secs then it recovers to 35-40. All threads are impacted.

This might be something to look into at your scenery and airspace files...?

Ray

Fortunately for me I don't believe this is my scenery as I did alot of testing to optimize performance. 

The best way is for you to send me a saved game file for me to test where you get the fps drops. You can send in my discord https://discord.gg/uNTjhy6b

So I may have already asked this, but is this compatible with Lord of the Rings scenery at Flightsim.to?

Wow. I'm excited by reading this post. Unfortunately, I've stumbled across it just as I'm about to head out the door for a regular Friday night catch-up with mates. I almost want to ditch them now!!

Looking forward to seeing what my hometown airports of NZWN and NZPP (where I logged 25 hours in a C152 years ago) look like.

Thanks for your work on this, Kelvin.  If it's as good as I'm expecting it to be, I'll be sure to donate.  😄

Mike

1 hour ago, ZK-FLC said:

Wow. I'm excited by reading this post. Unfortunately, I've stumbled across it just as I'm about to head out the door for a regular Friday night catch-up with mates. I almost want to ditch them now!!

Looking forward to seeing what my hometown airports of NZWN and NZPP (where I logged 25 hours in a C152 years ago) look like.

Thanks for your work on this, Kelvin.  If it's as good as I'm expecting it to be, I'll be sure to donate.  😄

Mike

Hey Mike, thanks so much. I hope it lives up to your expectations 😜. Nothing is perfect, although I try to aim high, there no doubt will be some things to sort out but I'm ahead of the game and currently working on the next major release. 

1 hour ago, mikegrr said:

So I may have already asked this, but is this compatible with Lord of the Rings scenery at Flightsim.to?

I haven't tried it but I'm interested to see any anomalies. I have increased the priority of the layers so they take precedence but I'm still curious. Come over to my discord and you can report it there. https://discord.gg/uNTjhy6b

I just finished a flight from Ardmore to Great Barrier Island. On the island during approach, textures looked very weird, I will try to take some screenshot and do the same flight without the mod

11 hours ago, bendead said:

I just finished a flight from Ardmore to Great Barrier Island. On the island during approach, textures looked very weird, I will try to take some screenshot and do the same flight without the mod

Hmm, ok, send over the screen shots in my discord. I'm currently working on an improved version so I'm confident that texture issues will be sorted but who knows in the early cycle of the SDK.