Sign in to follow this  
Stickyspider101

Any good addons for FSX?

Hi! I've been playing FSX on and off for about 2 years now, and have just now discovered the wonderful world of addons. Does anyone have any good reccomendations for planes, helicopters, or any other special addons?

Thanks,

There's a lot of good freebie stuff in the Avsim library, but if you are talking about payware add-ons, here's a few suggestions...

Best FSX Helicopter is the Dodosim Bell 206. It's very realistic. but if you want something a bit cheaper and easier to fly, then take a look at the Nemeth MD500 which is great fun and has always been one of my favourtites for exploring scenery because you can land it pretty much anywhere.

Best prop aeroplanes for FSX are from A2A, this link includes a free Curtiss P-40 Warhawk. Whilst you are there, check out AccuFeel, which is probably one of the best add-ons because it will make all your aeroplanes much more realistic.

Probably the best bang for your bucks for airliners, is the iFly Boeing 737 NG.

If you like vintage stuff, take a look at Aeroplane Heaven and Flight Replicas, that AH link includes a free GA aeroplane, the Globe Swift. If you like really old aeroplanes, check out Golden Age Simulations where there are also some freebies.

Have a look at Just Flight too, there's a ton of stuff there, including some freebies.

Take a look at Multi Crew Experience. MCE is my all-time favourite flight sim add-on because it does so much (there is a freebie demo of it). A close second add-on wise is Air Hauler, which you can find on the Just flight website. It makes your flight sim time a lot more fun.

Last but not least, if you want to give that freebie P-40 some teeth (or any other FSX aeroplane you have), then be sure to check out Captain Sim's Weapon For FSX, which is great fun.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

7 hours ago, Stickyspider101 said:

any other special addons?

Hi,

Always worth considering a good weather addon for extra immersion no matter what aircraft you are flying. I currently use Active Sky 2016 for my weather engine combined with Active Sky Cloud Art and Envtex for the textures and the effects are amazing! However I know that Rex also produce excellent weather addons and I think there are some other payware and freeware weather products available which are pretty good too.

For a few years I just used FSX with the default weather, thinking that a weather addon wasn't really going to be worth it but I was very wrong and when I bought my first weather addon (one of the earlier Rex products) I was astounded by how much it added to the whole flying experience and regretted that I hadn't got it sooner.

Bill

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scianoir said:

Hi,

Always worth considering a good weather addon for extra immersion no matter what aircraft you are flying. I currently use Active Sky 2016 for my weather engine combined with Active Sky Cloud Art and Envtex for the textures and the effects are amazing! However I know that Rex also produce excellent weather addons and I think there are some other payware and freeware weather products available which are pretty good too.

For a few years I just used FSX with the default weather, thinking that a weather addon wasn't really going to be worth it but I was very wrong and when I bought my first weather addon (one of the earlier Rex products) I was astounded by how much it added to the whole flying experience and regretted that I hadn't got it sooner.

Bill

Bill is absolutely right, a weather engine completely transforms the experience flying in the sim

My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/c/Dkentflyer

Just to add another to Alan’s list, there’s one great addon aircraft that won’t cost you a penny - Manfred Jahn’s excellent C-47 v3.14. This freeware product is better than many payware aircraft with excellent visuals, great systems replication and some very useful interactive popup windows to aid your flying experience. An absolute masterpiece in my opinion!

Bill

Ever since Microsoft stopped sending weather data via Jeppesen, I have been using FSXWX which is a free program to download weather, takes a bit getting used to but it works by the book:

• READ INTRUCTIONS:

Flight1 has a couple of freebies now too. I have very much enjoyed the 182T.

https://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=free

Thanks for listening,

Kail