Sign in to follow this  
Ixoye

Problems quitting the game to the desktop!

18 hours ago, Ixoye said:

After the patch, it takes several minutes before the game to shut down if I use the built-in "Back to Desktop", does anyone else have the same problem? I have started using Alt + F4 instead, is it safe to use?

Yep me too. It did it sometimes before the patch too though.

1 hour ago, Shack95 said:

I always use ALT and F4 as I find it rather annoying that we have to go back to the main menu just to quit the game.

Most games have you to go to another screen to quit.  I guess you dont play games other the MSFS

This initially was an issue after WU4 but sorted itself out after a few loads and reloads of the game. First time it took minutes to close fully.

Now it's back to normal and only a few seconds

• Like 1

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

44 minutes ago, Tierborn said:

Most games have you to go to another screen to quit.  I guess you dont play games other the MSFS

I actually do. I‘m both gamer and simmer. But in most games it‘s quicker to quit than in MSFS. And in MSFS I don‘t have to care about save games, so Alt F4 is the easiest way if you‘re impatient like me. By the way it wasn‘t a serious criticism, just a bit of nitpicking. 

Edited by Shack95

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

Alt F4 basically crashes the sim. It'll still be in your task manager. It's like stopping your car by drving it into a tree, lol. 

It is back to normal for me after I turned off several add-ons with add-on linker, but I don't know which one that was causing the issue yet.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Alt-F4 is the standard way to close all Windows applications. All it does is place a WM_QUIT message into the simulator's message queue so the sim can process it using the same routine that processes the WM_QUIT message generated by the 'quit to desktop' button.

It is a perfectly safe shortcut to use on all Windows applications.

• Like 2

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440