Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

A very interesting post on FDM findings...

Alexis posted this today at the MFS Official forums.

I strongly hope it get's the deserved feedback and reaches whoever is in charge of the FDM @ ASOBO...  Knock .. knock... is anyone there ????

Kudos to Alexis !

Physics and Aerodynamic on Directional Stability - Part 2 - Getting to the Root of the Problem - Community / General Discussion - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

• Like 5

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Looks like Jayne already passed it on to the dev team to look at, according to her comment in that thread.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Scottoest said:

Looks like Jayne already passed it on to the dev team to look at, according to her comment in that thread.

"I’ve passed it on to my team as well to read and digest." Her team isn't the Dev Team though, be nice if she acknowledged other threads with bugs when she's been tagged  especially those that also show detailed analysis and how to fix the bugs (POI issues I'm on about). 

She does a grand job but on the face of it is just the Microsoft communication part, seeing solid acknowledgement from Asobo would be better but their communication is severely lacking.

• Like 3

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

27 minutes ago, MarcG said:

"I’ve passed it on to my team as well to read and digest." Her team isn't the Dev Team though, be nice if she acknowledged other threads with bugs when she's been tagged  especially those that also show detailed analysis and how to fix the bugs (POI issues I'm on about). 

Her team or the team, what is the difference? 😅. Most importantly the topic is getting attention internally. If her team is the community managers they will pass it internally to the dev team .. etc. 

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

8 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

Her team or the team, what is the difference? 😅. Most importantly the topic is getting attention internally. If her team is the community managers they will pass it internally to the dev team .. etc. 

The difference is it may not get passed on...! Or it gets passed on and ignored, or put to the Voting List like everything else.

Like I said it's good to see this particular issue acknowledged, but there's plenty of other issues that are going largely ignored and have done for months.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

41 minutes ago, MarcG said:

"I’ve passed it on to my team as well to read and digest." Her team isn't the Dev Team though, 

I found the formulation rather strange too.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

2 hours ago, MarcG said:

The difference is it may not get passed on...! Or it gets passed on and ignored, or put to the Voting List like everything else.

I mean... it was feedback, that within a few hours was being collected by the sim's community manager to be looked at further.  That's absurdly high level of responsiveness to random forum feedback.

Yeah we can't say what happens with it past that, but I don't think it's really reasonable to expect Asobo to stop and listen to every piece of feedback that comes their way anyway.  Maybe they think it's helpful - maybe they think it's treading territory they've already looked at.  I see there's some people in that thread already picking at what they see as some problems with the feedback provided.

Trying to collate and act on the mountain of user feedback out there isn't easy - especially in a highly technical area like flight simming, where everyone has very passionate opinions and a whiteboard full of math equations to try and explain why they think your ailerons aren't responding correctly to turbulence during descent or whatever, lol.

None of this is to invalidate the frustration anyone feels at technical problems, or behavioural problems in the sim of course - they obviously exist.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Scottoest said:

I mean... it was feedback, that within a few hours was being collected by the sim's community manager to be looked at further.  That's absurdly high level of responsiveness to random forum feedback.

Yeah we can't say what happens with it past that, but I don't think it's really reasonable to expect Asobo to stop and listen to every piece of feedback that comes their way anyway.  Maybe they think it's helpful - maybe they think it's treading territory they've already looked at.  I see there's some people in that thread already picking at what they see as some problems with the feedback provided.

Trying to collate and act on the mountain of user feedback out there isn't easy - especially in a highly technical area like flight simming, where everyone has very passionate opinions and a whiteboard full of math equations to try and explain why they think your ailerons aren't responding correctly to turbulence during descent or whatever, lol.

None of this is to invalidate the frustration anyone feels at technical problems, or behavioural problems in the sim of course - they obviously exist.

I'm not referring to everyday feedback but actual Bugs that have been found and diagnosed and thusly ignored...for months, which then have to rely on a pathetic "voting" system before they even get initial the Top 20 Leaderboard nonsense.

Why are they getting ignored but this thread gets acknowledged!? Especially when she was tagged to help on the bug threads, it's poor form really, better response is needed....thats my issue here with them.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MarcG said:

Why are they getting ignored but this thread gets acknowledged!?

Because the flight model is a top priority, otherwise people will keep saying "MSFS is an arcade game".

And no I don't agree, Jayne has done a tremendous good job by funneling back this feedback. Alexis has been known there for his good feedback on the flight model on the official fourms and if not mistaken, Seb by himself followed the first feedback as he said in one of the dev Q&A and therefore, it made total sense to funnel this feedback back to Asobo team. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super