Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
TarikP

Weird bug when changing views during flight

Recommended Posts

Hey guys, I have a weird and frankly frustrating problem when I switch views (side windows, nearest airport tower) and then go back to my main view, see the pictures below:

attachment.php?attachmentid=226191&d=161

attachment.php?attachmentid=226192&d=161

Let me know if you can't see the pictures.

Sometimes my game freezes and I am sent back to Windows, other times it takes up to a minute to go back to a normal sky, a fully textured plane etc. I tried lowering my settings like scenery density but to no avail. What can I do?

Here are my computer specs though I doubt they are the issue here: Windows 10
Ultra Gamer AMD 5 3600X-2060
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600x (6 x 3,8 GHz)
CPU Cooler: AMD Boxed
RAM: 16 GB DD4R 2666 MHz/ Max. 64 GB
GPU: NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2060/ 6 GB GDDR6
SSD: 1 TB Intel/ NVMe M.2
Adaptor: Cooler Master 600 Watt (80 PLUS)

 

I have NO idea how to fix this, I asked for some help on another forum. I am not familiar with CPU, Nvidia and such nor do I know how to find FSX on my task manager or install any editors that could help me get rid of this so any concrete help or instructional video would help. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bumping with more recent pictures, I've tried moving around the various resolution and texture settings but no avail. This starts happening after 10 to 20 minutes of flying, sometimes quicker.

 

 

 

M4tSwj.jpgnsNzdl.jpga6HnW6.jpg37e79b.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Your system should be able to run FSX more than well

I would start off by deleting your FSX.CFG file, this can be found in your users/yourusername/Appdata/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX folder. Restart  FSX and it will then build a new one for you, then try it out. 

As you are using FSX steam edition you really don't need to add anything else to your CFG file apart from changing the output to widescreen if you wish (this can be found under the DISPLAY part of the CFG file and is normally set to false by default, you will need to change it to the following WideViewAspect=True.

I notice that you say you get the issue when viewing from the nearest tower view to your aircraft, you may be simply asking FSX to do too much, it's normal for it to take some time to load in textures when viewing from a tower view to your aircraft but you should be able to go from locked spot view to cockpit view and window view with no problems at all.

Hope this helps

Daz

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/c/Dkentflyer

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dazkent said:

I notice that you say you get the issue when viewing from the nearest tower view to your aircraft, you may be simply asking FSX to do too much, it's normal for it to take some time to load in textures when viewing from a tower view to your aircraft

that is indeed normal, and can throw off texture loading for a while, until things recover.

Lesson learned... do NOT use the nearest tower view and see if that fixes it. 🙂

  • Like 2

Bert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, what you are seeing is your computer not being able to process the required texture rendering.  Your system is more than capable, but FSX is an old, 32-bit sim and does not respond well when pushed hard.  I expect loading tower views, then going back to the chase plane view is simply asking FSX to render and load too many textures, filling its 4 GB RAM limit, then textures cannot load until FSX frees up some of that limited RAM.


My computer:  ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler, Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Dazkent said:

 

Your system should be able to run FSX more than well

I would start off by deleting your FSX.CFG file, this can be found in your users/yourusername/Appdata/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX folder. Restart  FSX and it will then build a new one for you, then try it out. 

As you are using FSX steam edition you really don't need to add anything else to your CFG file apart from changing the output to widescreen if you wish (this can be found under the DISPLAY part of the CFG file and is normally set to false by default, you will need to change it to the following WideViewAspect=True.

I notice that you say you get the issue when viewing from the nearest tower view to your aircraft, you may be simply asking FSX to do too much, it's normal for it to take some time to load in textures when viewing from a tower view to your aircraft but you should be able to go from locked spot view to cockpit view and window view with no problems at all.

Hope this helps

Daz

 

 

 

 

I already tried deleting FSX.CFG, it didn't work. It's not just a problem that appears when changing views, blurry and faulty texture rendering such as in the subsequently posted pictures happens on every flight after 10 to 20 minutes of flying... 

Edited by TarikP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

that is indeed normal, and can throw off texture loading for a while, until things recover.

Lesson learned... do NOT use the nearest tower view and see if that fixes it. 🙂

It doesn't in my case, blurry texture rendering still happens when I flight without ever changing views after about 10 to 20 minutes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you running with unlimited frame rate?

I would limit the framerate to 30 in the sim. I highly recommend following the AVSIM FSX set up guide as a great starting base. Try it with a defauilt aircraft first of all.

 

 


My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/c/Dkentflyer

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried both already but to no avail, I tried pretty much everything there was to try which is why this is so frustrating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    48%
    $12,180.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...