Sign in to follow this  
Murmur

X-Plane Technology Preview One

46 minutes ago, Janov said:

Also interesting that Asobo seemingly has not done their homework on X-Plane:

I "suspect", especially given the line art, that that particular section was written as a design plan when their project first kicked off some 8 years ago or whatever.

26 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

I'm tired of this nonsense I really am. Austin. Austin. Austin. Austin. Austin. Austin.....

Austin is the man behind X-Plane, you know that right?

Here's probably one of the very first public previews.

17 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

I never visit the X-Plane forums...

I know, just suggesting you should now consider putting your efforts into something with a bright future, you, @Krakin and all the others that gave me such a hard time pre MSFS release. 

wasn't that long ago.

Edited by mSparks
  • Upvote 2

AutoATC Developer

5 minutes ago, mSparks said:

I know, just suggesting you should now consider putting your efforts into something with a bright future, you, @Krakin and all the others that gave me such a hard time pre MSFS release.

That was 16 months ago, and don't try to suggest that you were not attempting to misinform people several months ahead of the simulator's release without having given it a try. It is extremely obvious when someone is being objective, and when they have an agenda.

I'm sorry, but I really don't see why you decided to page me in a section where I never visit or post. I'm not going to read through a 20-page thread just to see what you're on about. And as for where I should consider putting my efforts, I can make that decision myself.

• Like 5

Oh hey @mSparks Nice of you to remember me. Also nice to see X-Plane finally getting on P3D lighting level :). BTW can you point me to a thread where you ate crow and admitted you were dead wrong about MSFS requiring a monthly subscription? I did give you a really hard time about that.....

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

3 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

and don't try to suggest that you were not attempting to misinform people several months ahead of the simulator's release without having given it a try.

Exactly why I linked the thread, everyone can read for themselves what was said then vs what happened.

4 minutes ago, Krakin said:

requiring a monthly subscription?

You mean to say you don't recommend:

And you still think I was wrong about that?

• Upvote 1

AutoATC Developer

3 hours ago, peroni said:

A friend of a friend read on the internet about the first beta being released within a week 😁

So MSFS2020 is coming out of Alpha? Oops, sorry thought I was in in a MSFS thread, easy to forget with all these comparisons flying around. Would be great if the was an X-Plane beta soon.

1 minute ago, mSparks said:

Exactly why I linked the thread, everyone can read for themselves what was said then vs what happened.

What has been announced so far doesn't include minimum specs. I expect the minimum recommended specs to be equivalent to xbox2020. i.e. looking like 32 core zen 2, 32GB ram and the AMD equivalent to an RTX3070. Subject to confirmation.

Good idea, now more people can check out your blatant misinformation. That is only one of the gems you kept throwing around at the time. 🤣

• Like 3

2 hours ago, FlyBaby said:

Do you know the difference between a comparison (your words) and mudslinging (my words)??? Try looking that up for clarification...

The "comparison" in MSFS SDK docs is just mudslinging in politically correct form. Not to mention that, as msparks said, it was actually fun to read because of all the inaccuracies therein...

• Like 1

"They're pissing on our heads and they tell us they're pissing on our heads, but we say it's raining because we don't want to be labeled 'conspiracy theorists' ".

46 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

I'm tired of this nonsense I really am. Austin. Austin. Austin. Austin. Austin. Austin.....I'm done with this cult. Deleting X-Plane now together with £1000's worth of planes and scenery.

🤣🤣

While you are at it, can you take the two other trolls with you?

Bye..

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, ChaoticBeauty said:

ood idea, now more people can check out your blatant misinformation. That is only one of the gems you kept throwing around at the time. 🤣

You should probably learn that "misinformation" requires 

1. providing information rather than opinion

2. Being wrong:

Seems I definitely pinged the right person 😛

AutoATC Developer

31 minutes ago, Murmur said:

The "comparison" in MSFS SDK docs is just mudslinging in politically correct form. Not to mention that, as msparks said, it was actually fun to read because of all the inaccuracies therein...

Yeah right...show me where Asobo is in their video comment section taking cheap shots at another Dev. Nope. They are busy enjoying the success of the views  / attention and subsequent sales.

It also looks like many 3P Devs are reading up on that SDK too...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mSparks said:

No, there was nothing "subjective" about it, it was libellous, total nonsense that made them look like they could barely cobble together a kids game

yep..that sounds like your "subjective" opinion...thanks for sharing it.

3 hours ago, mSparks said:

Meanwhile, X-planes flight model is used in continuous development to help create the next generation of aircraft, whereas Asobo haven't even managed to get a basic autopilot from 40 years ago working after nearly a decade of working on it. Perhaps that square nose has something to do with it.

Hey you, and apparently Austin, can throw shots at MSFS all day.

They are in constant development (with over 7 major updates since release), and many more to come on their roadmap. They are not stuck on a 3 year Vulkan implementation and making "new" teaser vids about "new" features that are now...the "norm."

Keep up all that research and focus on the one sim that you don't use. I know, Asobo / MSFS are so good at what they do, they apparently get more attention in XP's dedicated threads.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, mSparks said:

Misinformation:

Opinion: "this looks awesome"

buffoonery....

17 minutes ago, FlyBaby said:

yep..that sounds like your "subjective" opinion...thanks for sharing it.

subjective implies there is more than one way to interpret it.

What other possible way can you interpret someone saying ~800 is more than ~10s of thousands other than they haven't got a clue what they are talking about?

Hey you, and apparently Austin, can throw shots at MSFS all day.

for example?

They are in constant development (with over 7 major updates since release), and many more to come on their roadmap.

which will just about catch them up [maybe] with xplane in Austins 2003 interview.

they apparently get more attention in XP's dedicated threads.

OTOH, marketing is pretty expensive, and I for one am very glad glad LR puts that money into development instead. I do kinda feel sorry for those sat hoping and praying one day their sim will magically catch up on decades of R&D, hence trying to enlist those with the patience to talk to them en mass.

14 minutes ago, FlyBaby said:

buffoonery....

comparing real world data with simulated data while having a laugh doing it. Yep sounds like LR; is that something on that MSFS roadmap and by when?

Edited by mSparks
  • Upvote 1

AutoATC Developer

21 minutes ago, mSparks said:

which will just about catch them up [maybe] with xplane in Austins 2003 interview.

Wow, this thread is about a "low viewed" teaser vid where XP is trying to catch up...I like the contradictions...keep em coming...

OTOH, marketing is pretty expensive, and I for one am very glad glad LR puts that money into development instead. I do kinda feel sorry for those sat hoping and praying one day their sim will magically catch up on decades of R&D, hence trying to enlist those with the patience to talk to them en mass.

Well, there must not be much money going around because there hasn't been much development over the past few years.

You can feel sorry for whomever...it is seemingly misplaced and a waste of your energy...much like your obsession with a "popular" sim...that you don't own.

comparing real world data with simulated data while having a laugh doing it. Yep sounds like LR; is that something on that MSFS roadmap and by when?

Naw...that is just what you resort to doing for "attention" when you refuse to spend $$$ marketing on your "stale" product. You make silly vids, then trailers with low view counts, then you resort to mudslinging. Yep...that sounds like LR.

Edited by FlyBaby