Sign in to follow this  
PilotPete99

A32NX and A320 NEO

Hi All - I am now very confused. Today I notice that the A32NX was available as a free download in the Marketplace. I think maybe I live under a rock, but I wasn't aware of this. Anyway, now I have two A320's, both the A320 NEO and the A32NX Leap. Are these the same? Also, I have no display in the cockpit of either aircraft, although they both seem to be running. How do I get the cockpit displays all running? I am obviously missing something here, so any help would be appreciated.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

The A32NX is a project that focuses in improving on the existing A320 NEO. As it is right now it adds mostly simple missing things from the original, but they intend to make it an actual flying and usable A320. In all honesty as soon as FSL (or even Aerosoft for that matter) release their versions, this will become obsolete probably.

Edited by Nuno Pinto

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

2 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

The A32NX is a project that focuses in improving on the existing A320 NEO. As it is right now it adds mostly simple missing things from the original, but they intend to make it an actual flying and usable A320. In all honesty as soon as FSL (or even Aerosoft for that matter) release their versions, this will become obsolete probably.

Thanks, am I correct then that this is the same thing as the mod that I had been using which came out several months ago? I guess what I am wondering is if I have the same mod twice, because I used that installer from their website and I still have this included. 

9 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

There is a real life A320 Captain that has a series of videos on the FBW A 320, and he really likes it. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

14 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

Thanks, am I correct then that this is the same thing as the mod that I had been using which came out several months ago? I guess what I am wondering is if I have the same mod twice, because I used that installer from their website and I still have this included. 

You have two airplanes now because the mod has become its own stand alone aircraft in prep for, as you see, now showing up on the marketplace as a separate download.  It's no longer just a mod to the default aircraft.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

11 minutes ago, flyinion said:

You have two airplanes now because the mod has become its own stand alone aircraft in prep for, as you see, now showing up on the marketplace as a separate download.  It's no longer just a mod to the default aircraft.

Thanks, any idea why the displays are all off? I have not seen this issue yet in any MSFS aircraft.

Edit: The problem is now resolved. Once I deleted the old mod the A32NX now works.

Cheers, Pete

Edited by PilotPete99
Issue Fixed

7 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

Thanks, any idea why the displays are all off? I have not seen this issue yet in any MSFS aircraft.

Cheers, Pete

The latest version has some knobs that turn the lights on the display, did you adjust them?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

The latest version has some knobs that turn the lights on the display, did you adjust them?

It seems the issue is resolved now. I think maybe it was because the old mod was still installed, but perhaps not. Anyway, all is well now.

Cheers, Pete

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PilotPete99 said:

It seems the issue is resolved now. I think maybe it was because the old mod was still installed, but perhaps not. Anyway, all is well now.

Cheers, Pete

I am waiting for my PC with MSFS on it to get back from the company, hopefully fixed. The FBW A320 is the first thing I am going to install. Looks like a nice aircraft. 

37 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

... In all honesty as soon as FSL (or even Aerosoft for that matter) release their versions, this will become obsolete probably.

Well, in all honesty you will have to wait for another A320. Aerosoft already postboned their A320 because of us.

• Like 12

FlyByWire Simulations

53 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

In all honesty as soon as FSL (or even Aerosoft for that matter) release their versions, this will become obsolete probably.

Nope, far from it. The longer FS Labs or Aerosoft wait, the more obsolete their A320’s will become… and that’s if they ever get them into the sim at all. 

If the Aerosoft CRJ is anything to go by, forget it.

Fact is that the FBW A320 is leaps and bounds better than the default and not just adding “mostly simple missing things”. They have implemented “simple” things never previously implemented by FSL, let alone Aerosoft.🤣

Dont under estimate what has been achieved by FBW team and they are not done yet. 

Edited by RaptyrOne
  • Like 7

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

41 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

It may be worth reviewing their current and planned work in detail before making these staements.

• Like 10

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

7 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I am waiting for my PC with MSFS on it to get back from the company, hopefully fixed. The FBW A320 is the first thing I am going to install. Looks like a nice aircraft. 

It really does look nice. I haven't flown it for a while so I am hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

Cheers, Pete

54 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

"Simple missing things", you are joking right? 

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

It really does look nice. I haven't flown it for a while so I am hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

Cheers, Pete

Those YouTube videos by 320Simpilot , and there are many of them, really covers flying the 320 in great detail.