Sign in to follow this  
karm2275

PMDG 747 Long-Haul stutters

I've recently start flying long 747 flight in p3d v5.1, and If I seem to leave the sim unattended for suppose an hour or so, the sim continuously experiences micro-stutters and this only happens with the PMDG 747

https://imgur.com/a/zRF1Vqf

*sorry for the "not so clear" video,

Thank's!

I really don't know what to say: the video is moving all over the place , it is impossible to see any stutters happening.

I fly the 744 all the time on inter-continental flights and only have a few stutters when on the ground at "heavy" airports. Nothing at all when en route.

Ian

• Like 1

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

my apologies, there are micro-stutters every few seconds and this problem only arises when I leave the sim :unattended", meaning that I don't touch the sim at all for hours on-end, I don't face this problem if I change the view or anything else other that just leave the sim as it is from time to time while flying

Just a hint for investigation: maybe a side effect from a camera utility (EZDOK, Chaseplane...) ?

- TONY -

Another hint:during long haul flights, maybe a screensaver or a program starts in the background and slows down your PC?

Edited by Simicro

- TONY -

I used the 747 the other day for the first time in forever.  I noticed very slight microstutters when taxiing.  Although that could have been FSDT SDF also.  who knows.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

What I did find a while ago when I had a stutter problem, was that NVidia control panel did not do as good a job as RTSS in controlling frames rates. In fact it was causing the stutters, as I confirmed when I removed the FPS limiter and reset NCP back to default (except for Power mode).

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

1 hour ago, Simicro said:

Another hint:during long haul flights, maybe a screensaver or a program starts in the background and slows down your PC?

And I would check control panel, power options if you have "high performance" set. Also you can check under "device manager" universal serial bus controllers like usbs the power options. After a period of time the usbs go in sleep mode and when come back on line will trigger stutters.

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

51 minutes ago, killthespam said:

And I would check control panel, power options if you have "high performance" set. Also you can check under "device manager" universal serial bus controllers like usbs the power options. After a period of time the usbs go in sleep mode and when come back on line will trigger stutters.

are you sure on the high performance?  I know in past years I would always do it.  But the going consensus is that it is no longer necessary for DX12 titles.  There was a great article that had side by side benchmarks, i just can't find it.  But it found no difference. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

are you sure on the high performance? 

But it found no difference. 

On my PC  i9-10900K CPU @ 5.2 GHz, 64 GB mem @3600, and with RTX 3090 I have it set on high performance, despite that, my power management was still set to turn off USB devices to save power, and as soon as I will touch the mouse, yoke, rudder or anything plugged in it will bring some stutters. As soon as I turned off these options I did not experience that issue anymore. 
Regarding his @karm2275 issue, it is quite impossible to guess why especially when we don't know his PC specs and if it is overclocked, etc.

I may have misunderstood you. I was referring to the ncp setting in power management.  Not usb. Sorry 

No problem, we share info. 

Thanks.

Do you use Navigraph Charts with Simlink?

I remember that this used to cause stutters after a while, the fix was to close down both Charts and Simlink and then restart them.

It may of been fixed by recent updates but it definitely was once an issue for me.

Edited by G MIDY

Lawrence Ashworth

XhCuv5H.jpg

I normally fly 10 to 12 hour flights in the PPMDG B744 (5.1) with no issues. even in FB KSFO.  If I was guessing the issue may be related to an anti-virus scan.  I have mine set up to not scan P3d.

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

I get long stutters in all my PMDG airplanes.  The mouse cursor develops a "circle" when the computer is thinking after you are trying to open a folder or program.  Once the circle stops, and goes back to an arrow, P3D un-pauses and I can keep flying.  Drives me nuts but I'm tried of chasing issues.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home