Sign in to follow this  
PilotPete99

P3d v5.2 Performance

I just reinstalled only the v5.2 client update, and my performance seems to be back to normal. However, shift + z is inoperable now. This happened earlier when I had only updated the client (before I temporarily destroyed my sim). Anyone else seeing this?

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

6 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

I just reinstalled only the v5.2 client update, and my performance seems to be back to normal. However, shift + z is inoperable now. This happened earlier when I had only updated the client (before I temporarily destroyed my sim). Anyone else seeing this?

Cheers, Pete

Install 5.2 content

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Install 5.2 content

Thanks, will give that a shot and cross my fingers. Everything is smooth as butter now. 

Cheers, Pete

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

haven't tested FlyTampa EKCH nor EHAM

I've tested them both and had no issues or fps issues at my end. 

They performed great .

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

i am not having any issues at all after just upgrading the client and content to 5.2, performance is pretty much the same, right click is so much better in sim, and yes shift-x is white, but in my opinion it's more readable now than before. the whole interface just feels smoother and looks cleaner. i have my sim loocked to 45fps with most settings maxed.

Be all aware that maxing Cloud resolution to ULTRA will be very taxing on performance.. it is designed for ULTRA + SUPER computer specs and it still will have a high tax on performance.

S.

I installed only the client and everything seems to look and perform great. However, I cannot get Ctrl-Z to activate any information display, such as fps, winds, speed, position, etc. 

Also, Active Sky has not been updated yet to work with P3D v5.2...hoping that will be updated asap. As for EA, it appears to look more natural, though without real weather I don't think I can make a real judgement yet.

Overall, at this point, very happy with v2.

Sherm

8 hours ago, mpo910 said:

I've tested them both and had no issues or fps issues at my end. 

They performed great .

I don't have those airports, but I have Las Vegas and with v5.1 I could not use that scenery with EA on. With v5.2 I can use Las Vegas with EA on now. I have a few other airports just like Las Vegas that I can use them with EA on.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, shermank said:

, I cannot get Ctrl-Z to activate

Install content part and it will work

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

24 minutes ago, Patriot3810 said:

active sky has an update on the website. it's been their for 12 hours already

I discovered that after my post....still working with As and was going to correct my original post. thanks

Sherm

15 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Install content part and it will work

Ok...thanks..

Sherm

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shermank said:

I installed only the client and everything seems to look and perform great. However, I cannot get Ctrl-Z to activate any information display, such as fps, winds, speed, position, etc. 

Also, Active Sky has not been updated yet to work with P3D v5.2...hoping that will be updated asap. As for EA, it appears to look more natural, though without real weather I don't think I can make a real judgement yet.

Overall, at this point, very happy with v2.

Sherm

Add this to P3d gauges folder ( replacing original file) and the new font and shift + z comes back even without updating content.

https://cloud.prepar3d.com/files/missionpanels.cfg

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=142566&start=15

Cheers, Pete

• Like 1