Sign in to follow this  
martin-w

So what happened to Windows 10 is the last OS?

On 6/20/2021 at 6:23 AM, Ray Proudfoot said:

Well this user will stay with 10 for as long as possible including after support runs out. Only when I need a new PC and 11 ships with it will I reluctantly change

I stayed with Windows 7 for years after 8 and 10 came out.  I only got Windows 10 because it came with a new computer.  I'm with you Ray, Windows 10 will last me for the rest of my life.

Noel

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

@birdguy, I run a second computer for flight sim support connected via WideFS and that still has Windows 7 Pro on it. Perfectly safe for what I use it for.

Let’s see what 11 brings but it would have to be something exceptional for me to adopt and definitely not before support for 10 expires.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Let's see if Asobo's statement that MSFS2020 will be a work in progress for 10 years will bear as much truth as Microsoft's statement in 2015 that Windows 10 will be the last Windows version... 😆

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Afterburner said:

Let's see if Asobo's statement that MSFS2020 will be a work in progress for 10 years will bear as much truth as Microsoft's statement in 2015 that Windows 10 will be the last Windows version... 😆

Yeah, I'm very doubtful of that too!

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

On 6/20/2021 at 1:23 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

Microsoft can blinkin’ well sod off! 🤬 So much for their statement that 10 would be the final OS.

I have to say that this is fantastic news, assuming it’s true and Windows 11 will eventually become a reality. Now, I can relax for a few more years while looking forward to finally escaping those recurring imposed unwanted annoyances promoted under the name of Microsoft. No more so-called “feature updates” (currently delayed for as long as delaying techniques allow), just a stable and efficient Windows 10 operating system that continues to run alongside my dual-booted, almost as efficient and reliable Windows 7.

Time to be thinking of handing over the mantle of digital “progress” to the younger generations. Doubt they will see much difference in the short term anyway other than some cosmetic embellishments and the dubious adoption of misguided street cred. Recent past experience bears that out.

There is a deity after all and I am feeling blessed!

Sadly, and inevitably, hardware failure will eventually intervene to spoil the party...Lol! Life is never fair!

Mike 🤓

Edited by Cruachan

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Make sure to enable TPM in your bios. Usually disabled by default in gaming mobos. 

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

TPM? Twin Peaks Maestro? Third Party Management? 🤨

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Does anyone know if quality updates for Windows 10 will end after the release of Win 11 and only security updates will continue until the end of support?

On 6/23/2021 at 9:38 PM, Cruachan said:

I have to say that this is fantastic news, assuming it’s true and Windows 11 will eventually become a reality. Now, I can relax for a few more years while looking forward to finally escaping those recurring imposed unwanted annoyances promoted under the name of Microsoft. No more so-called “feature updates” (currently delayed for as long as delaying techniques allow), just a stable and efficient Windows 10 operating system that continues to run alongside my dual-booted, almost as efficient and reliable Windows 7.

Time to be thinking of handing over the mantle of digital “progress” to the younger generations. Doubt they will see much difference in the short term anyway other than some cosmetic embellishments and the dubious adoption of misguided street cred. Recent past experience bears that out.

There is a deity after all and I am feeling blessed!

Sadly, and inevitably, hardware failure will eventually intervene to spoil the party...Lol! Life is never fair!

Mike 🤓

Over the top reaction, I think.

Never had any problems, W10 was the most stable of all, as fa as I was concerned.

• Upvote 1

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

8 hours ago, IanHarrison said:

Over the top reaction, I think.

😀

I'm just going to sit tight and wait for Windows 12.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.