Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Hard working Asobo worked Saturday night to help PMDG

36 minutes ago, fppilot said:

That makes me chuckle big time!  Clearly Microsoft/Asobo have themselves placed likenesses of Garmin products into commerce.  They are there in the core MSFS product as it is installed.  If you gain any experience in trademark and copyright law you will quickly learn that is the basic fundamental.  The developer you mention has clearly indicated he has a defined relationship with Garmin.  There should not be an issue there with MSFS, but there is.  I do not believe it to be a legal issue.

Which developer is "locked out"?  Is there something that you misunderstand?  No developer has been "locked out" that I know of.  What is your source?  Or are you just making stuff up?

From what I know, there are developers like RealityXP that can't get stuff done because there is no support in the SDK yet.  But Asobo did not deliberately "lock out" developers.  You make it sound like Asobo has a grudge against a specific developer and deliberately "locked" them out.  

Asobo has a million things to do and at the moment, the SDK may be missing some features.  But that does not mean Asobo doesn't plan to get those features in the SDK, when they come around to it.  Things take time, you know?

• Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

21 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Which developer is "locked out"?  Is there something that you misunderstand?  No developer has been "locked out" that I know of.  What is your source?  Or are you just making stuff up?

From what I know, there are developers like RealityXP that can't get stuff done because there is no support in the SDK yet.  But Asobo did not deliberately "lock out" developers.  You make it sound like Asobo has a grudge against a specific developer and deliberately "locked" them out.  

Asobo has a million things to do and at the moment, the SDK may be missing some features.  But that does not mean Asobo doesn't plan to get those features in the SDK, when they come around to it.  Things take time, you know?

The developer you mention in your post is the one griping and has a grudge against MS/Asobo to the point of hostility at times. Maybe that's why Asobo are not answering any calls but the cheerleaders of these products will always be on the 3PD's side and not the way of Asobo and a long list goes on from there. Asobo is not locking anyone out that is in reason with them.

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Like 3

So has the DC6 been patched? I can't see how to update it. The app just constantly says 'checking'.

Pretty sure we'll get an email for any updates

4 hours ago, jbdbow1970 said:

The developer you mention in your post is the one griping and has a grudge against MS/Asobo to the point of hostility at times.

I think you've confused different people there.  RXP, whom @abrams_tank mentioned, does indeed have issues with the current lay of the land.   But, while he's obviously frustrated with the situation at times, he's never let that frustration boil over into generalized bitterness and hostility.   He recognizes the good parts of the sim, and welcomes the new technologies at the same time as he laments the jam they've left him in.   And I appreciate that.

However, not all developers have his grace.  There is another individual who shows up sometimes in threads like this to flame anyone and everyone who disagrees with his extremely negative view of the sim and the people involved with it.  In spite of the attitude shown here I've reached out to him to personally offer assistance with his issues, and got nothing but venom in return.  He's on my block list now.  At this point in time I have every reason to believe he has no intention of participating in this community with good faith.

But RXP is not that individual.   I wouldn't like to see him painted with that brush.

(Incidentally, we reached out to RealityXP directly partly in reaction to, amongst other things, the surge of a community feedback item in which the community requested better communication with them.   Conversely, the community have never had a notable similar request regarding the other developer.  Make of that what you will.)

Edited by kaosfere
  • Like 9