Sign in to follow this  
jfri

Cockpit textures going black

With the new 5.2 version I encounter this problem. After loading a flight and doing the checklist the cockpit textures become completely black. Sometimes even some textures outside the plane. After reset scenario things temporarily become normal but very soon the textures get corrupted again. I used the A2A B17 and also tried a default plane with the result of corrupted scenery. Same problem in VR and Track IR. I have updated my NVIDIA drivers to the latest version and the problem remains.

Does anyone recognize this problem or am I alone with it ?

4 hours ago, jfri said:

With the new 5.2 version I encounter this problem. After loading a flight and doing the checklist the cockpit textures become completely black. Sometimes even some textures outside the plane. After reset scenario things temporarily become normal but very soon the textures get corrupted again. I used the A2A B17 and also tried a default plane with the result of corrupted scenery. Same problem in VR and Track IR. I have updated my NVIDIA drivers to the latest version and the problem remains.

Does anyone recognize this problem or am I alone with it ?

If you are speaking about 5.2, yes known issue. If you are speaking about 5.2 HF1 just released today I can’t say. 
-btacon

I had this problem with P3D 5.2. I have not had a chance to try the new hot fix that just came out today. I read a post here that indicated LM moved some files from one installer component to another. (Client installer, scenery installer, content installer). Basically the problem was caused because some files got overwritten if you followed the order as directed by LM. Client first, then content, then scenery. The solution was to re-run the client installer again. This replaced the missing files and resolved the black texture problem. Let me see if I can find that post for you. 

Benjamin Nash

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4 RAM CL14, Asus ROG Strix 4090, Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero Motherboard, LG OLED C1 48". 

I had the same problem with P3D v5.2 Hotfix 1. I followed the instructions for Hf1 and encountered the black cockpit en sceneries.
Now trying a full reinstall.

I'm just running into this problem now. Did anyone find a solution? 5.2HF1

EDIT: Re-run the client installer, and choose "repair".

Edited by mtr75