Sign in to follow this  
Rdtcmttsa

saving a flight

Hello folks, im sure this has been discussed before.

When i fly to a airport and i park my aircraft, what are the procedures in starting your sim up and you are exactly where you left it.Meaning if im in parking slot A3, how do i resume where i left off.

I save the game after I landed, and gave it a name.

But when I load the sim to start a new flight and load the saved flight, it crashes to desktop.

Am I missing something, it would be nice to start where i left off.

If I shut the plane down and saved where im at , is there a way to return where you are at.

Thanks.......RobertC

AFAIK there is no way to do this. Loading a saved flight often leads to crashes, and I think Asobo did not take into account that people would want to continue previous flights.

It is not even possible to create a new flightplan without quitting the flight and going back to the main menu.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

i can save and load without issue, i dont use addon scenery...

Hhhhhmmmmmm, well im confused , one post says he can do it without no problems, the other says it cannot be done.

Seems to me that it can be done.

Fsx , did it with no effort.

So am i to believe that they did not take this into account, that you would want to continue where you left off at an airport.

You have to start a whole new flightplan and be in a different area where you left off.

Not very realistic to me.

It should be automatic like it was in FSX. Fsx would ask you if you want to continue where your at or start a whole new flight.

Just wondering, thats all.

Thanks.....RobertC

1 hour ago, Rdtcmttsa said:

Hhhhhmmmmmm, well im confused , one post says he can do it without no problems, the other says it cannot be done.

Seems to me that it can be done.

Fsx , did it with no effort.

So am i to believe that they did not take this into account, that you would want to continue where you left off at an airport.

You have to start a whole new flightplan and be in a different area where you left off.

Not very realistic to me.

It should be automatic like it was in FSX. Fsx would ask you if you want to continue where your at or start a whole new flight.

Just wondering, thats all.

Thanks.....RobertC

I fly with OnAir, so that will enforce location (to airport) and fuel for me. Then I just create a new flightplan with LNM starting at the spot I parked at.

Trying save/load has always caused crashes for me - that's across 2 separate installs on completely different computers...

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

there is always the manual option, write down where you ended. easy start form there next time.

You can or at least I can build a new flight plan in the GPS any time. Even in the air. Certainly once I have landed.

You can also use Simbrief and Navigraph to fly. This is very realistic. 

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

So basically the answer is no that MSFS 2020, cannot or will not remember where you are at when you end your flight .

So as the gentleman said write down where you are parked at, and load the sim accordingly.

I spent 120 dollars on a sim and they missed that? very interesting.

Its also very interesting that it crashes when you do save a flight.

Hhhhhhhhhmmmmm, You MSFS fellows have your work cut out for you.

Because even though this sim is second to none, I see where FSX has a couple of better attributes that this sim does not have.

This most definitely is not a game changer for me , but it does take away some of the submersion.

Well anyway folks, I thought id just ask.

RobertC

You CAN save a flight easily in MSFS. Go to World Map, then LOAD/SAVE (or hit the space bar), choose SAVE, and give the flight a name. To resume your flight in your next flying session, do World Map > LOAD and then select whatever you named your saved flight. I do this routinely and never have problems. It works whether your plane is on the ground or in flight. The one thing you cannot do with a saved flight is change the weather or time of day -- that will be exactly as it was when you saved the flight. BTW, referring to what someone said above, in my experience add-ons have no effect on loading or saving flights. I have dozens of add-ons loaded at any one time, with no problems.

Edited by cobalt
  • Like 1

Well I frequently get a CTD when loading a saved flight - very frustrating - but curiously not always and I have yet to figure out what determines if a saved flight causes a crash on load.  I also find one other oddity when loading a saved flight - the toolbar is missing!.

Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

I spent 120 dollars on a sim and they missed that? very interesting.

Because even though this sim is second to none,

You may have missed some additional elements they missed.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere