Sign in to follow this  
rob0203

New Atc software announced

1 hour ago, Steve Halpern said:

Edit... I received clarification... The arrival airport weather is indeed used... but it is not based on future forecasts.

If you have information from a live product, such as Active Sky, then you can change the arrival runway before TOD based on the information you have.

Network capabilities is not there yet... this or some other solution is planned.

Ah, Ok, thanks for info. Will try it right away on my Laptop then. And hope at some point network capabilities will be added. I'm sure all homecockpit users would appreciated that !

Mike

Edited by mikealpha

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

4 hours ago, FSHud said:

Two questions right into my first flight starting from EDDF Frankfurt

1. How does FSHud determine takeoff/landing runways ? I just noticed AI planes getting runway 36 for takeoff at EDDF. This runway is never used for takeoff

2. I got taxi instruction "taxi to holding point runway 07C via N5 N5 N N N16". And noticed AI planes even getting ...via N N N N16.  Why double or triple mention of taxiways ? It sounds weird.

3 minutes ago, mikealpha said:

1. How does FSHud determine takeoff/landing runways ? I just noticed AI planes getting runway 36 for takeoff at EDDF. This runway is never used for takeoff

2. I got taxi instruction "taxi to holding point runway 07C via N5 N5 N N N16". And noticed AI planes even getting ...via N N N N16.  Why double or triple mention of taxiways ? It sounds weird.

Regarding first - the application doesn't know anything about airport authority rules - as long as it is written in BGL that runway can be used for takeoff it uses it.
Then of course wind direction is a first factor and less prioritized factors are distances.

Regarding second issue - it seems that it is because there are non named taxiways in the middle, but I will check - if so it would be fixed

14 minutes ago, mikealpha said:

Another question - are you using Add-on scenery for EDDF, if so which one? Could you please open ticket from application? So I can get more data about your environment

8 minutes ago, FSHud said:

Regarding first - the application doesn't know anything about airport authority rules - as long as it is written in BGL that runway can be used for takeoff it uses it.
Then of course wind direction is a first factor and less prioritized factors are distances.

Is there a possibility to override this and define takeoff/landing runways for a given airport like,say, pro-atc-x does?

Also, Does the program assign terminal procedures based on route and runway or is it up to the user (which will not be the case in real life)?

Edited by ha5mvo

2 minutes ago, ha5mvo said:

Is there a possibility to override this and define takeoff/landing runways for a given airport like,say, pro-atc-x does?

Also, Does the program assign terminal procedures based on route and runway or is it up to the user (which will not be the case in real life)?

Yes of course - you can change departure/arrival runways when apply flight - then you can change departure settings (including parking/runway/sid/sid transiton) before flight clearance.
Then you can change (star/star transition/approach/approach transition/runway/parking) on TOD point.
And of course all routes are completely capable with terminal procedures according AIRAC you choose

9 minutes ago, FSHud said:

Yes of course - you can change departure/arrival runways when apply flight - then you can change departure settings (including parking/runway/sid/sid transiton) before flight clearance.
Then you can change (star/star transition/approach/approach transition/runway/parking) on TOD point.
And of course all routes are completely capable with terminal procedures according AIRAC you choose

What I meant was, is it possible to fiddle with the database so as to close a certain runway for takeoff or landing. For example permanently close EDDF 36 as in Mikes case above.

Also, I'm using mostly injected traffic. At this point I really don't want to revert to BGLs. How will the program behave in my case?

4 minutes ago, ha5mvo said:

What I meant was, is it possible to fiddle with the database so as to close a certain runway for takeoff or landing. For example permanently close EDDF 36 as in Mikes case above.

Also, I'm using mostly injected traffic. At this point I really don't want to revert to BGLs. How will the program behave in my case?

Currently application completely relies on BGL data - for case of runway 36 - only AI traffic would use it, as long as user can select any runway.
Regarding second question - please take a look on our FAQ pages and following description:
https://www.fshud.com/#/site/faq
https://www.simforums.com/forums/understanding-fshudair-traffic-control-traffic_topic64710.html

55 minutes ago, mikealpha said:

I've just make another check regarding runway 36 - in this specific case runway 36 would not be used even if wind would be 360 at 9KNOT - it is because departures with SID are more prioritized especially for jet and turboprop aircraft.
I'm aware if other software aircrafts are injected - you can switch off FSHud by tuning ON/OFF switch in left bottom corner. Do that and after application will say "Application is suspended" make sure following traffic was removed. If not, it is non application injected traffic and there are many descriptions about it in FAQ page and second forum page explanation

56 minutes ago, FSHud said:

Another question - are you using Add-on scenery for EDDF, if so which one? Could you please open ticket from application? So I can get more data about your environment

Roger, ticket on the way. Yes, it is Add-On scenery (Aerosoft Mega Airport Frankfurt Professional).

13 minutes ago, FSHud said:

I've just make another check regarding runway 36 - in this specific case runway 36 would not be used even if wind would be 360 at 9KNOT - it is because departures with SID are more prioritized especially for jet and turboprop aircraft.
I'm aware if other software aircrafts are injected - you can switch off FSHud by tuning ON/OFF switch in left bottom corner. Do that and after application will say "Application is suspended" make sure following traffic was removed. If not, it is non application injected traffic and there are many descriptions about it in FAQ page and second forum page explanation

Hm, EDDF is my home base, have never seen AI takeoff from 36.

I am using AIG traffic. No idea if that is injected traffic or not ?

23 hours ago, mikealpha said:

Hm, EDDF is my home base, have never seen AI takeoff from 36.

I am using AIG traffic. No idea if that is injected traffic or not ?

Following issue was fixed in version 1.0.72

• Like 1

Two stupid questions:

- if I get FSHud for P3D, am I then entitled to use the program for MSFS (as soon as it is out) without any additional cost? 

- more and more AI traffic from AIG is moved away from the .bgl based variant to the newer AIG variant without .bgl traffic files. Does FSHud support this kind of AI traffic?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

1 hour ago, AnkH said:

Two stupid questions:

- if I get FSHud for P3D, am I then entitled to use the program for MSFS (as soon as it is out) without any additional cost? 

- more and more AI traffic from AIG is moved away from the .bgl based variant to the newer AIG variant without .bgl traffic files. Does FSHud support this kind of AI traffic?

For #2

Clicky

Edited by Samaritano
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AnkH said:

Two stupid questions:

Hello,

When FSHud would be supported for MSFS it would be just another update for user - no additional costs.
Same program could be used for MSFS also as well as it is used now for P3dv4 and v5.

Regarding second question - there is some explanation about it:
https://www.simforums.com/forums/understanding-fshudair-traffic-control-traffic_topic64710.html

Thank you

• Like 2