Sign in to follow this  
rob0203

New Atc software announced

3 hours ago, Shomron said:

Any comments from users on the actual ATC operation? SID/STAR handling, vectoring to approach etc..?

Assuming the program also includes these

The application completely supports procedures handling for user and AI Traffic 

7 minutes ago, FSHud said:

The application completely supports procedures handling for user and AI Traffic 

Thanks for example where do you choose whether to use a STAR or a vectored approach? Is there a manual on the website which explains this more thoroughly?

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

I concur. It would be nice to have a manual or a video of a complex flight from pushback to arrival to a gate 

You can select SID, SID TRANSITION. STAR TRANSITION, STAR, APPRCH TRANSITION and APPROACH or vectors for procedures.
Application does provide detailed manuals for complex flight and there are several videos that mentioned previously:

• Like 2

So...sixty AI max means that 30 planes are on the ground + 30 are in the air. Correct? 

What is the algorithm in selecting AI for a session? Is it purely random and there is some logic attached? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

So...sixty AI max means that 30 planes are on the ground + 30 are in the air. Correct? 

What is the algorithm in selecting AI for a session? Is it purely random and there is some logic attached? 

AI Max means - 60 by 60 while 30 by 30 are defaults.
Mostly Airport distance + estimated distance from user's location.
Soon density would be added as factor.

Why you asking about algorithms? You want to join our development team? Because according to so many requirements and wishes in this forum topic we defiantly need some....😀

I'd be happy to see 30 planes ... At KLAS at 10 am, just 5 a/c that's nothing ... Last week, two or three updates ago, there were at least 15-20 a/c at KLAS. Now, at the same location (same time) only 5. No fun to fly with ...

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

1 hour ago, Nemo said:

I'd be happy to see 30 planes

or 31 ....I can't envisage ZSPD / VHHH / ZBAA with 30 or even 31

it all seems like a "l.....n" to me

but then again, if there was a demo to understand the "promises" .......

Edited by vadriver

for now, cheers

john martin

1 hour ago, Nemo said:

I'd be happy to see 30 planes ... At KLAS at 10 am, just 5 a/c that's nothing ... Last week, two or three updates ago, there were at least 15-20 a/c at KLAS. Now, at the same location (same time) only 5. No fun to fly with ...

Hi Harry,
As it was mentioned previously, for now we are in middle of development of next version that suppose to fix those issues.
If someone mentioned here about "Promises" - take a look on following image in EHAM while there is 60 airplanes overall:
1?ui=2&ik=b0665c2d47&attid=0.1&permmsgid

Mostly it is limited to 60 by 60 because of CPU Resources - because in that case application barely able to update all aircrafts each seconds
(it is necessary to forecast conflicts and estimations).
Of course all of that would be continuously optimized and this is something we are working on.
Thank you

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, FSHud said:

Of course all of that would be continuously optimized and this is something we are working on.
Thank you

Sorry about my impatience. I know it needs some time. I was just a bit frustrated because ai traffic numbers seemed to be worse than one week before. I appreciate your efforts and your time being here in the forums.

• Like 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I would really like to hear some honest appraisals from some of you good folks who have had some time to use this now. 

Vic green

6 hours ago, Patco Lch said:

I would really like to hear some honest appraisals from some of you good folks who have had some time to use this now. 

I didn't use it so much in recent time because I had not much time. But with one of the latest builds I had a pleasuring flight from KLAS to KSFO. Voices are much better (not so robotic) than in ProATC-X. AI traffic has increased quite a bit compared to the earlier versions, but could be even more for my taste. What I'm missing most is the possibility to start/reload a flight from a saved flight situation, but it was promised that this feature will arrive. If so, I will abandon PATC and stay with FSHud - even for longer flights.

• Like 1

- Harry 

After reading the manuals I have 2 question before purchasing:

1. Does it support non-Navigraph airports? many domestic airports here doesn't publish AIP to Jeppssen thus not on Navigraph database, could they be handle at least as "good" as default ATC?

2.Can I switch frequency with one menu option like the default one? IRL Pilot Monitoring do it so I as PF don't have to, and I normally select it on default ATC via HOTAS input thus no need to use mouse, judging from the UI doesn't seems FSHUD could do so?

On 5/26/2022 at 10:56 AM, C2615 said:

After reading the manuals I have 2 question before purchasing:

1. Does it support non-Navigraph airports? many domestic airports here doesn't publish AIP to Jeppssen thus not on Navigraph database, could they be handle at least as "good" as default ATC?

2.Can I switch frequency with one menu option like the default one? IRL Pilot Monitoring do it so I as PF don't have to, and I normally select it on default ATC via HOTAS input thus no need to use mouse, judging from the UI doesn't seems FSHUD could do so?

Hello,
FSHud scans all airports that installed in simulator from BGL files. In this case, NavData is used for airport procedures only.
If airport doesn't present in NavData - you would be able to perform visual approach and vectors departure.

Regarding radio-panel - the application completely syncs COM1 and COM2 selected channels from simulator in real time.
Which means, if you change COM frequency, the selected channel would be changed.
Beside that, during flight, the application automatically switches COM channels to controlling ATC station before transmit messages.
It is not necessary to leave application window continuously open.