Sign in to follow this  
737_800

Which Devs Provide Updates via Marktplace For Sure?

Do we know from today which developers are reliable on putting their updates into the marketplace for there products and with whose I have headache?

1 hour ago, 737_800 said:

Do we know from today which developers are reliable on putting their updates into the marketplace for there products and with whose I have headache?

100% that sell on the marketplace

3 hours ago, 737_800 said:

They are all supposed to update on the store, but that has not been the case, at least in a timely fashion.

For example, the Iris Jabiru was more than 2 months late (after releasing an update on other stores) for the marketplace while still selling a broken version (flaps issue) on the marketplace. One customer stated that he bought a second copy from another store just to get the update version.

Be it no updates or late updates, I don't see where Asobo / MSFS has addressed the issue. it is a shame because Devs can steer folk to their own stores by not updating the MSFS store promptly.

I no longer buy exclusively from the marketplace due to the issue with updates.

25 minutes ago, FlyBaby said:

For example, the Iris Jabiru was more than 2 months late (after releasing an update on other stores) for the marketplace while still selling a broken version (flaps issue) on the marketplace. One customer stated that he bought a second copy from another store just to get the update version.

That issue was entirely down to Microsoft being prats about minor details in the supplied update. Though with the immature abuse the developer copped on the forums from what seemed to be tantrum throwing 15 year olds I am surprised he bothered fixing it at all.

There have been a number of cases where developers are being abused on the main forums about updates where the delays are almost entirely MS who take at least a week to approve things even if the update is fine.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

I got an update from Zinertek  and Key West Airport from FS Dream Team ,  and I think that has been it for market place. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

5 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I got an update from Zinertek  and Key West Airport from FS Dream Team ,  and I think that has been it for market place. 

The best for me for updates has been Orbx.  The Orbx app monitors your addons and downloads and updates them automatically.

The marketplace is slow and takes ages to approve updates even when the dev has submitted them in a timely manner and there are no issues. Ironically the delayed updates are often to fix issues created by MS themselves.

Just Flight will send an email and you have to log into their store front and redownload the installer manually.  Buying direct is even more hit and miss.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

6 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

That issue was entirely down to Microsoft being prats about minor details in the supplied update. Though with the immature abuse the developer copped on the forums from what seemed to be tantrum throwing 15 year olds I am surprised he bothered fixing it at all.

Again, no excuse for a 2+ month delay...none. And he should have fixed it....and he did.

He was making money off of a product that he knew was broke (store version), and dragged his feet for 2+ months to get the update on the store..

BTW...many other devs seemed to be able to pass the MSFS certification process during that 2 month delay.

6 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

There have been a number of cases where developers are being abused on the main forums about updates where the delays are almost entirely MS who take at least a week to approve things even if the update is fine.

Well, I was not talking about a week....the Iris issue was more than 2 months. No excuse.

That’s still on M$. It seems to be random when something gets approved. And they claim they don’t curate.

I was going to use the ORBX Sale and buy ESGG on the marketplace. Is ORBX reliable on the marketplace or do the scenery updates work better with the Orbx Central?

I don't know what's it like on the marketplace but Orbx Central is just something else. 

PC: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite, AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4080 Super Aorus Master, DDR5 G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 2X32 GB, Corsair HX 1000, Fractal Torrent, Samsung LC32 / G7 1440P.