Sign in to follow this  
mikeymike

Antialiasing

I have a question regarding antialiasing typically with vertical lines. Light poles ,airport   Beams etc etc.

where by the jaggies are apparent like in p3d

i have a 2k monitor 16x AA multi sampling at 6x6 

ncp default excerpt for high performance texture and max performance for gpu render.

i also have film grain off and sharpen off in cfg 

now is due to the free airport addon?

LGMK and LGTS

thanks

mike

This is a common problem.  Chain fences around the perimeter are the worst for me.  I don't think it is the addons, as I get this at default airports. 

Unfortunately, even with AF and SS set at the maximum, you will still see some jaggies and shimmering unless you can run something like 4k native and/or high scaling factors.

I hope maybe DX12 can improve this effect in the future.  Asobo say DX12 should eventually help with the blocky reflections etc.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

If you have all that enabled in your graphics settings you have way too much going on.

AA = Application controlled

Within the Application =TAA enabled

Remove all that "extra grain and sharpen"

and if you need more AA than that increase Render scale.

If you are still unhappy you fan wait for a fix like Bobcat mentioned.

Edited by Maxis

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

1 minute ago, Maxis said:

If you have all that enabled in your graphics settings you have way too much going on.

AA = Application controlled

Within the Application =TAA enabled

Remove all that "extra grain and sharpen"

and if you need it more AA than that increase Render scale.

Does increasing the render scale decrease fps.

i have it set at 100 atm.

cheers 

mike

6 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

cheers 

mike

Whats your cpu/gpu/mem ?

It may cost you 3-5 frames or more if its an older system. but you wont need much 110-120 to notice a difference in AA

Edited by Maxis

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

1 minute ago, mikeymike said:

cheers 

mike

Unfortunately yes it does decrease fps.  You have to try to find the best balance for you.

• Like 1

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Also, you could try 90% scaling, or 110% scaling if you can manage it.  In the early days, I heard that TAA didn't work at 100%, but only activated when a non-100% scaling factor was introduced.  Not sure if it is true, but you can try this in a matter of seconds.

I only ever run at 70% or 80% of native 4k so I wouldn't know.  I never tried 100% properly as my GPU simply wouldn't manage it.

Edited by bobcat999

100 works best here 90 you loose a little fidelity 110 you loose performance - play with VSYNC and look for stable 30 fps

Rich Sennett

Thanks guys,

cpu= I99900k not oc

mem=32gb

gpu= 1080ti msi lightning z

4x ssd m2

i am playing with settings still the same.

cheers 

mike

22 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

Thanks guys,

Your GPU is killing you - that said what is your exact monitor 

Rich Sennett

36 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

Your GPU is killing you - that said what is your exact monitor 

Really my gpu?

samsung g5 32inch 2k

mike

14 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

Really my gpu?

samsung g5 32inch 2k

mike

Nice monitor notice it has freesync do not know enough about that but my LG 32" gaming monitor might have had that cant remember ( I have 43" Sony 4k HD tv now for Sim) - go into settings in monitor try it off or on - play with monitor settings

Play with nvidia control panel settings also for MSFS2020 - theres good YT videos on that

Your video card is lacking but tweaking monitor settings might help on the hardware itself not software

Edited by Richard Sennett

Rich Sennett

1 minute ago, Richard Sennett said:

Nice monitor notice it has freesync do not know enough about that but my LG 32 might have had that cant remeber ( I have 43" Sony 4k HD tv now for Sim) - go into settings in monitor try it off or on - play with monitor settings

Play with nvidia control panel settings also for MSFS2020 - theres good YT videos on that

Your video card is lacking but tweaking monitor settings might help on the hardware itself not software

Yes! Love this monitor.

got it dirt cheap also. Brand new.

was Lucky.

my fps is sitting at 40 to 60 vsync off in game 

fast sync  enabled with ncp

thou I will try rtss as it’s butter Smooth with P3d.

Free sync im not sure it works with nvidia?

Cheers

mike

• Like 1

Just now, mikeymike said:

Free sync im not sure it works with nvidia?

Cheers

mike

Yes Freesync is AMD thats why I was thinking make sure its not on in your monitor settings - I did have that on my LG 144hz and it was better off - prob other settings you can play with

Rich Sennett

You have a decent rig - find a nice RTX 2080 for a good price (forget the 30 series prices are stupid) and that will get you where you need to be with that monitor

My RTX EVGA 2080 Super is running my Sony 43" 4k native nicely - certainly can handle your monitor 

Edited by Richard Sennett
  • Like 2

Rich Sennett