Sign in to follow this  
Manny

Performance Gain? Hmmm

On Tuesday, when the update came, Performance was through the roof/

Then we had the patch on Friday. the Performance was Just 10%. Yes its there, but the CPU load was different. Am I the only one noticing this. 

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Nope, I think it was faster.

So yeah, it's probably slower now, but that doesn't mean it's a slouch by any means.

Honestly, I don't think there's anything out there as fast except aerofly, and as much as I love aerofly, it doesn't look anything like Microsoft flight simulator.

In fact, despite the expressed unhappiness, it's still a given as far as I'm concerned that we have nothing now, and never have had anything both as beautiful and as fast as msfs.

• Like 5

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Thank you for you comment.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I am getting really good performance from the sim. I would be over the moon if it just could be stable and not CTD on me all the time..

• Like 1

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

I got far better performance, but at the cost of dissapearing far objects, as the ground textures, at least in my case, now begin drawing much nearer .- Before the update, I got realistic far distance objects visible 

Performance gain? There is no performance gain if you want it to look anywhere near as nice as SU4. Even using the workaround and setting everything to Ultra it still doesn't look as good as SU4 on High. I am so so disappointed. I could have got a similar performance gain without this patch by just lowering all my settings!!

Edited by jarmstro
  • Like 1

So far here I'm not seeing any significant performance gain, but the graphics are worst than ever, with dissapearing objects from far (and not so far either). I'm not Ok wit the current status of the sim.

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

5 minutes ago, edpatino said:

So far here I'm not seeing any significant performance gain, but the graphics are worst than ever, with dissapearing objects from far (and not so far either). I'm not Ok wit the current status of the sim.

Before SU5, I was getting 20 FPS over the photogrammetry area in Vancouver, now I’m getting 40-50

And this is after tweaking it to get the longer rendering range back

The sim is better than ever, performance and visual wise.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

Il y a 7 minutes, edpatino a dit :

Jusqu'ici ici, je ne vois pas de gain de performances significatif, mais les graphismes sont pires que jamais, avec des objets qui disparaissent de loin (et pas si loin non plus). Je ne suis pas d'accord avec l'état actuel de la sim.

+1

I just did a little flight over the water in Bastia it's just horrible the clouds! the shadows ! There are only artefacts

Edited by Axis3600