Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

drzewiecki Chicago and DCA / FSDT ORD

Do you know if these sceneries are causing issues with SU5/Hotfix?  Every time i have tried to load a flight out of ORD and DCA the flight gets hung up loading.  I haven't had that happen at any other airport.  I am running Chicago City and Washington DC as well as FSDT ORD.  

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

I flew from KDCA (Drz version) to KORD (FSDT) as a first flight after the SU5 update with no issues.  I also use Drz Chicago City.  Only thing I noticed was that jetways are a bit messed up at KDCA, some are not even visible. I think this may still be a bug that was introduced. I have not tried starting a flight yet at KORD.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Just now, Flic1 said:

I flew from KDCA (Drz version) to KORD (FSDT) as a first flight after the SU5 update with no issues.  I also use Drz Chicago City.  Only thing I noticed was that jetways are a bit messed up at KDCA, some are not even visible. I think this may still be a bug that was introduced. I have not tried starting a flight yet at KORD.

Ok good to know.  My issue might be when trying to start at ORD.  I'll try again out of DCA and fly to ORD and see if I get the issue. 

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

I am having the same issue with KORD, when I start there.  I don't have the Drz scenery.  It started once but no jetways, and never again.  I just tried deleting the Asobo KORD and it loaded until the blue bar was completely over to the left but just hung up there.  Same issue with FSDT KDEN.

Also, did you run the FSDT updater?  There was an update for SU5....

Edited by Flic1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

53 minutes ago, morso484 said:

I am having the same issue with KORD, when I start there.  I don't have the Drz scenery.  It started once but no jetways, and never again.  I just tried deleting the Asobo KORD and it loaded until the blue bar was completely over to the left but just hung up there.  Same issue with FSDT KDEN.

My mistake, KDEN is by Flightbeam, same issue though.

2 hours ago, Flic1 said:

Also, did you run the FSDT updater?  There was an update for SU5....

Where do you get the updater?  I thought I had it on my PC but I no longer see it.  

12 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

Where do you get the updater?  I thought I had it on my PC but I no longer see it.  

Should be located in Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager.  If you don't have it, maybe re-download the product.

Edited by Flic1

Eric

Having exactly the same problem with MSFS hanging on loading the DRZ Chicago.  I've just posted in the DRZ forum as well.  
I bought and downloaded the package from Orbx.
No problems with the KDCA

I run the FSDT updater every few days, and I still have a jetway issue at KORD. There are some jetways appearing, but many are completely missing and some are not completely formed jetways.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

On 8/8/2021 at 7:38 AM, Flic1 said:

Should be located in Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager.  If you don't have it, maybe re-download the product.

Do you know where you can download the updater?  I looked on their site but didn't see anything specific to that.  Thanks!

On 8/29/2021 at 3:53 PM, PilotPete99 said:

I run the FSDT updater every few days, and I still have a jetway issue at KORD. There are some jetways appearing, but many are completely missing and some are not completely formed jetways.

This is a known problem with SU5 we can't do really anything about it.

Our update only improved the LOD switching ( which changed in SU5 ), but we can't do anything for the jetways that sometimes randomly disappear, depending on your start position.

This is a known SU5 bug that affects all sceneries with jetways, including default airports using default jetways. Asobo is aware of it, and was finally able to replicate the issue, but there's no telling when exactly it will be fixed, most likely SU6, which doesn't have a release date yet. Some users reported jetways appears if the airplane is sent on very high altitude ( almost in the stratosphere ) in Slew mode, and sent back again to ground. Again, this can be replicated everywhere.

Asobo also confirmed in their dev support forum some things have changed in how jetways works in SU5, but those changes hasn't been documented in the SDK yet, because they said they want to first fix the bugs in the sim, before providing with a new sample and an updated SDK documentation.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, virtuali said:

Our update only improved the LOD switching ( which changed in SU5 ), but we can't do anything for the jetways that sometimes randomly disappear, depending on your start position.

This is a known SU5 bug that affects all sceneries with jetways, including default airports using default jetways. Asobo is aware of it, and was finally able to replicate the issue, but there's no telling when exactly it will be fixed, most likely SU6, which doesn't have a release date yet. Some users reported jetways appears if the airplane is sent on very high altitude ( almost in the stratosphere ) in Slew mode, and sent back again to ground. Again, this can be replicated everywhere.

Asobo also confirmed in their dev support forum some things have changed in how jetways works in SU5, but those changes hasn't been documented in the SDK yet, because they said they want to first fix the bugs in the sim, before providing with a new sample and an updated SDK documentation.

Thanks for responding, I figured it was one of things that broke with the update and was beyond your control. As always, your participation in these forums is most appreciated.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

5 hours ago, virtuali said:

Can you confirm where i can redownload the updater?  I don't have it on my PC anymore

6 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

Can you confirm where i can redownload the updater?  I don't have it on my PC anymore

it’s installed automatically with every Fsdt product. Are you sure you really lost it and not, perhaps, youn just lost the desktop shortcut icon ? the file is called Couatl_updater.exe and it’s located in the FSDT main installation folder, usually Program files x86\addon manager

Edited by virtuali